Insulin from ER?

Nope it is not banned yet. How did you know that she is his Mom??? I say she is a pretty stranger girl ! :wink:

Nel, Try clicking on it again and wait a minute or two, may be refresh the web page by pressing the ā€œF5ā€ key on the keyboard.

When I get my Insulin I have to order it a week a head of time because they do not carry it standard, for one of them I am the only person who goes to that particular pharmacy that uses Lantus, there is no other person who uses it to date - so as soon as I am on my last pen I have them order it in.

The Humalog is a little more common, as there are 10 of us on it, however Iā€™m the only one on the pen version of it so again I have to order it at least 5 days before I need it. I again order it when I am on my last vial of the pack that I get so I donā€™t get to low or have to go without, but if I do have to go without its not a big deal I donā€™t need it to survive when I donā€™t have it to take I just watch what I eat and kick up the cardio for a few days as needed.

As to going to the ER to get insulin - my local ERs on call diabetic doc happens to be my Endro so if I was to do that heā€™d read me the riot act on not taking care of myself. Side the best they will do is give you a single dose of the stuff and only after they are sure it is what you need from them. But why go though sitting in the ER for up to 12 hours to get such adeal when most pharmacies will give you a vile to tide you till you can get it refilled.

Glad that you are OK Ahmad!

When your pump reads 0 units, you can still give yourself insulin using the ā€œfixed primeā€ or ā€œfill cannulaā€ features. I do not recommend this, but it is good to know about in case you are stuck! Also, note that this insulin will not be counted in your ā€˜active insulinā€™ or ā€˜insulin on boardā€™.

Did that in the past, but forget to do it yesterday or this morning!! Darn, I need to write it somewhere!

I use the OLD Deltec Cozmo, but my tubing and canula is the MM Quick-set infusion set.

Good to know that I can just bolus with MiniMed. I know that once you reach zero on the Cozmo, you will not be allowed to bolus, but basal is still delivered. But I think that there is significantly less insulin in the Cozmo pump when it reads zero from my experience.

I actually donā€™t let the reservoir get so low, because I have had many unexplained highs when the MM reservoir gets below 20 units. So I change it as soon as I can after that.