Insulin pump basal (too much) causing glucose to rise?

I’ve been using an insulin pump for 2 1/2 years now. Initial basal was started off on what my Lantus dosage was (30 units divided by 24 = 1.25 per hour). Then adjusted were made accordingly to make it fit applicable ups/downs during fasting to determine proper hourly rate. At time went on, small changes have been made here/there for additional fasting basal changes. However, after adrenal insufficiency diagnosis, I’ve had “spells” where my glucose would rise out of the blue without food AND/OR during the same period I’d take a bolus to correct and the bolus wouldnt have a dent and may even cause it to rise more. Mentioned to endo and he had no clue.

Well, I’ve discovered, by accident, that during these periods for some reason, if I 1/2 the basal rate, blood glucose just drops.

I have not seen my endo since this discovery but it will be in the discussion for my next visit but I am curious, anyone else ever run into this? I’m theorizing it’s the liver/alpha cells detecting & compensating for what it seems like too much insulin.

Without my endo having a clue about what I was talking about initially, taking a guess no one here has an idea either but posting in hopes of finding someone to confirm my suspicion.