Insulin to carb ratio

Yes, I made more changes in the first few months as well. We're all different as far as how much support we like. I've never used medical help to establish doses, but have done it all by trial and error. But I think it's great that if people like the support they have someone they trust to help! (It seems like many medical personnel say "Oh I:C? Try 1:15" and don't even explain that's a starting point that you have to tweak up or down (and probably differently for all three meals). Glad you have one you trust!

Yes thankfully my CDE does not treat me like an idiot and is a wealth of useful information. She actually listens or more reads what I tell her since most of our communication is via email and makes it more of a team effort than a one sided "this is what I say and this is what you must do" so I am blessed to have one I trust. At the same time I am also smart enough to know I don't have all the answers and I'll take all the support I can get. The trial and error thing for me led to A1C's in the mid 7's for a long time so for now I think I will stick with medical help to establish doses. Incidentally I too was started at 1:15 but immediately moved to 1:9 and more recently 1:10 for lunch and dinner but 1:5 for breakfast. I could not have come up with those numbers myself and too much trial and error leads to hypoglycemic excursions which are just no fun at all.

My ratios are also 1:5 for breakfast and 1:10 for lunch, but my dinner is 1:18. it's worked well for a really long time.