Insulin which effects same time with BG increase .Diff...Kwikpen & vile . (Humalog)

Hello,

I was on Humalog kwik pen for 2 year until now, it was roller coster ,food carb becomes BG reaches pick in 1 to 2 hour,Pen looks like start having an max effect from 3 to 4 hour ,that almost 2 hours difference i suffer a high BG .(even tough insulin intake is in proper amount as it brings downs the number after 4 hour)

But now i just started OMNIPOD insulin pump with Humalog insulin vile , when i take that insulin it just work as plan so i never face real high which was case for 2 hour after meal with KWIK pen !!

and because of that high myself and people around me suffered a lot my brain almost cant think clearly for that time.

I want to understand where is difference between kwik pen and Vile even though both are Humalog Insulin?! why kwik pen take so long to start giving effect, I think i asked this question so many times to my RNs but never had justifiable answer… always wanted some insulin which works same time with the carb increase!! thank god it works better now but KWIK pen?!

What I think you are saying is that you believe that when you deliver a meal bolus using your Omnipod that the insulin takes effect much sooner than when you inject the same insulin using an insulin pen.

If that’s what you are asking about, I have no answer to offer. I simply do not notice that sort of a difference. Admittedly it’s been a long time since I’ve injected insulin (I use syringes, not a pen), but still …

The only thing that comes to mind is that there might be a difference between where you inject with a pen versus where you wear your pod. Possibly more scar tissue at your preferred injection sites? Probably not, but it’s all that comes to mind.

The only way I can avoid having my BG spike after a meal is to pre-bolus. If I don’t allow time for the insulin to start becoming active, then I will pretty much always have a BG spike after a meal.

How long before meal you take pre bolus , and have you ever feel low by doing that?

I don’t go by a clock when I pre-bolus. I use my CGM to gauge when the insulin is taking effect. Often that will be an hour or longer after I bolus. Sometimes it will be less.

I’m not really sure what the all the different factors affecting it are, but it’s not simple or consistent, at least not in my case.