Insulinoma

Hi everyone, invest been Diabetic for 35 years following an insulinoma leading to 75% of my pancreas being respected. I started on the. Medtronic Ping pump, than the Animas and now on Medtronic 630G. I had used the Enlite CGM on/off due to lack of funding. I recently had a very severe unawareness hypoglycemia reaction ( called neuroglycopenia) where I fainted throwing off a balcony about 5 feet high. Luckily did not break my neck but had severe whiplash & concussion. Just before fainting, I had severe nausea( not my usual autonomic hypo signs) and thought maybe it’s my blood sugar, I graph a fast acting sugar called “fruit to go”… and that was the last thing I remember. My doctor says because I still had the reflex of grabbing sugar- he won’t take my driver license away.
As a result of all this, I now pay myself for the Enlite CGM, still panicky when CGM reading is too different from my Bg. I have signed up to upgrade my pump to the 670G with Gardian-3 sensor which is way more accurate than Enlite sensor. Are there any body in this group using the Medtronic 670G? Lets talk please

Hi @Lucie_C, It looks like the spell checker gremlins have messed with your post, If I am reading your post correctly you experienced an insulinoma which is a tumor of the beta cells in the pancreas. This resulted in 75% of your pancreas being removed causing you to be diabetic.

Yours is an interesting story, although the mechanism of your diabetes was different, I suspect your diabetes is not much different than that of others.

I have moved your post into a separate topic so it will be seen by more people.

1 Like

I use and like the 670G.

Note: - I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

My husband uses the 670g but because of his dementia I manage everything. It works well for him and has almost eliminated his severe hypos. It doesn’t do so well with high bgs, at least not in our experience. The sensors are accurate.
There are some frustrating aspects of this pump, but since starting on it, right after it was released, DH’s A1c has gone from 8.6 to 7.3.

There has bee quite a bit written about the 670G insulin pump on our site. I did a search and there are the results I came up with. There is quite a bit of reading material. Use the link below

670G search