Insurance Co. is forcing me to not use Tresiba

Those are all fast-acting, meal time insulins except Basaglar, which is biosimilar to Lantus. So they gave you a list of six options, only one of which is actually a basal insulin more or less substitutable for Tresiba.

Pharmaceutical FAIL.

1 Like

No, meaning I will use the equivalent to Lantus. I used it for years, but found Tresiba more convenient.

Yes, I used Lantus for years. I just don’t like being taken advantage of by a corrupt system. Plus I thought it was more than ridiculous that they gave me sort acting alternatives for for a long acting insulin.

So just this week I have had pharmaceutical fails, cardiologist fail,nephrologist fail, and US Med fail. If I couldn’t laugh I would cry.

Marilyn - and doctors actually wonder why they’re held in such low regard …

2 Likes

I wouldn’t read too much into that, they probably gave you the whole list of insulins in their formulary and probably said to discuss those with your doctor…

Yes, that is what they did. It really bugs me that I wasn’t given a choice. I have been a type 1 for 60 yrs, and I can not remember being this frustrated with all things medical.

Did I mention that Med US sent me my first 3 months of Dexcom G5 supplies but shorted me a box of sensors? They are ignoring my complaint.

Well you’ve been really lucky then… it’s pretty standard for pbms to only offer one option for long acting insulin… I agree it’s frustrating though.

I was diagnosed with RA when I was 19 years old. I tried just about every RA med on the market. I am so sorry about your grandson’s diagnosis. If one drug isn’t working well tell him to try something else until he finds a drug that works well for him.

Thank you, Barb24. Grandson seems to be alright for now. I am the one who is feeling pain… actually guilt over the genetic propensity I passed on to him. Of 10 grandkids he is the only one who seems to have something autoimmune. Go figure.

I am so sorry to hear of all the unpleasantness going on in your life Marylin… my best best wishes to you on all fronts.
I use Toujeo which I really prefer to Tresiba- having also had lantus and levemir for years…
Hope everything works out for you.

1 Like

Marilyn,
Your cardiologist is a disgrace to the medical profession to drop you. I am sorry to hear your challenges, but maybe you can find a more committed and caring doc.
I use Basaglar for emergencies if pump malfunctions. Then shots of Novolog. The 2x/day basaglar and Novo work well for me. I have not done this long term, however, just a day or 2 when needed.

Sending peace. bhakti

2 Likes