Intrinsic BG equilibrium, independent of islets hormones

What is the intrinsic equilibrium BG in mammals, if ALL influence of islets-generated/secreted hormones is isolated from liver? It is ~80mg/dL in the fed state in humans and in all of the common mammal animal models. So it would appear in all mammals. In humans, maybe 55mg/dL in fully fasted state, but this requires islets hormonal regulation of liver.
Hence, we observe ~80mg/dL BG during non-prandial intervals of time in nondiabetics (if not significantly or fully in the fasted state), during which there are baseline/basal levels of islets secretion of the hormones glucagon and insulin and secondary hormones, as well as somatostatin. These low levels turn out to not change things significantly, though.
For this one investigation/category of BG regulation, it is important to exclude MODY-2 from the category of nondiabetics as well. While involving no insulin deficiency whatsoever, glucokinase monogenic diabetes greatly elevates the basal equilibrium BG of liver. That is its only anomaly, due to specific hepatic enzyme deficiency, and it is entirely benign.
Research of Unger and others over the last five decades has long demonstrated that if the islets are clamped off, by various means, isolating their influence upon liver entirely, it remains about 80mg/dL. In canines, and in humans, and so forth.
This is why, with a diabetic animal model such as mouse or rat, glucagon inhibition results in temporary restoration of ~80mg/dL. Since there is really no normal islets response to meals (either anabolic or catabolic in nature), there is not a large deviation during a prandial period either. Until the genomic adaptation to the loss of glucagon signal overcomes (for good) the pharmaceutical inhibition and full diabetes is restored (again, for good).
We might ask, why have we evolved with islets hormones, powerful as they are? Especially glucagon. Well, because we NEED glucagon from second to second to guarantee continuous flow of fuel to brain via blood from hepatic artery in normal evolutionary context. We have not evolved in a controlled lab environment, but in nature. And in nature there are acute demands (e.g. flight/fight) requiring acute mobilization of resources (i.e. catabolism).
We also NEED insulin as the foremost anabolic hormone to take advantage of limited intervals/opportunities to feed and absorb nutrients – especially protein/AAs which must be rapidly driven into tissues or be lost in urine. In the long run, to grow and mature to successful reproduction as animals/organisms, to propagate a surviving species.
So there IS a baseline equilibrium, and it is determined solely by LIVER. It is MODULATED by islets hormones, importantly so as to respond to acute demands and events and opportunities (feeding). That is how nature, via evolution, has “designed” us.
Took me a few years of intensive investigation (i.e. reading) of the research literature to learn this. Doubt that many know this, anywhere in any profession whatsoever. But it IS well known and has been repeatedly measured and demo’d since the early 1970s until today. It is vitally important as an underpinning to understand BG regulation I think. For a nondiabetic and for a diabetic.
I do not have time to reproduce all that I have steeped myself in of the basic research literature over the course of well more than a decade now, herein. Not even time/space to include many URLs or references or citations. Those who are skeptical of my claims should be, but can have a huge head start over what I have had to find and read the same research literature that I have. I had to overcome the massive amount of false info to find that which is correct, by the basic scientific method. Which is that experimental results and hard evidence/observations (e.g. stable isotope analysis of preserved collagen from human remains/fossils found all over earth by anthropology) must not conflict with hypotheses or theories. If they do, consistently and irrevocably, then those theses are WRONG! They do not reflect the laws of nature. QED. That’s what science IS – the real stuff, as opposed to cultish beliefs and narratives, however widespread and predominant. It is HARD, hard work, always. And with regard to biology, I am not DOING it (although I do that in other scientific fields professionally), but merely have tried to FIND that which others have already DONE. And even THAT is pretty difficult.
The human love and cherishing of groupthink and widely adopted narrative (aka dogma) must be a deeply evolved instinct that has been beneficial for survival over long periods of our social species. For discovery of the laws of nature it must be suppressed. As Richard Feynman said, “One must not fool oneself, and oneself is the easiest to fool of all”. Or something like that. I paraphrase.
Look it up. But before looking up the precise quotation, look up who Richard Feynman is/was if you do not know.