Introduction

I am 59 and I was diagnosed with what the endo called pre-diabetes in March 2005. Yeah sure pre-Diabetes. My mother and her 2 brothers and sisters al were diagnosed in their 50’s. In 2005 my numbers were modest. One fasting above 126 and one below. A1c Of 6.2… To date my a1c has never been that high again. It runs from 5.3 to 5.8 at most. Recently the endo took me off the 15mg of Actos that I have been taking. We shall see.

This kind of support group can be a really wonderful help to people and I hope to learn and participate here and get to know people.

Hi Veets,
Welcome. It is nice to have you join our community. We are a family that stretches all the way from long time veterans to the newly diagnosed. Be sure to check out the different groups that are available too. You never have to worry about what questions you ask or what help you need. There is bound to be someone who can help. Just keep coming back and let us know how you are doing./

Hello my name is Martha I am new to this group just wanted to welcoming you to the group. i am type 2 also since April 12, 2003. I’m 38 years old. I have a family history of Diabetes both my parents have diabetes type 2 and my grandparents both past away from diabetes both were type1. Hope to get to know you. I think this is a wonderful support group.

Martha thank you for the warm welcome. I too come a family history of type 2… mother and her 3 sibs all dxed in their 50’s, as I was. genetically I got some great stuff from this family but Diabetes is one thing I could havess passed on.