Introduction

Hello Everyone,
I don’t know where to begin because I am new to the site. All I know is that I want to find a cure for my son. My name is Paul. My Son Kaylen was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in 2003 at age 5. He is now 11. I am a single father of 4 children and was quite active with the walks and various other fund raising activities. As perhaps many of you I found that after many years I have become complaisant with this disease, living day to day being doctor and nurse to my son. I am not a scientist or researcher so I cannot find a cure myself but I want to help find a cure. So, for the past six years I have been doing what I love the most and that is writing songs. Because of my busy lifestyle I spent most of the years writing songs in my head driving my car to work. Now that my children are older I have invested in some equipment and have finally begun demo recordings and am in the process of working on my album “Songs for Kaylen” with a recording company in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The idea is that when finished 100% of all proceeds will go towards a cure for Type 1 diabetes. The album is a “concept album” with the theme of type 1 diabetes, a father’s love for his son and a son’s love for his father. I started searching the net to try and find artists or celebrities with this disease in a fleeting hope to find someone who may want to contribute to this “dream”. Then I found your web site and thought…“well here is a good start”. Because of the busyness of life in general (work, family, finances) it may only be another year or two before “Songs for Kaylen” becomes a reality. That being said I thought perhaps it would be a fun Idea to create a “buzz” about the album. Write updates on successes and failures in the recording studio. Post demo’s of the recordings on the site which I already have. Post pictures, etc. This way when it comes time to launch the album hopefully there will be many supporters to see it take off successfully. Your thoughts and direction are of course welcome and needed.
Magic

Welcome to TU! Sounds like an interesting project for sure. Glad you joined our web family here. Best of luck with your endeavor.