Is it a weakness to admit to being weak?

Yes I suspect it could be as simpal as that…

Thank you guys for all the kind words. Your stories are an inspiration and I thank you all for that. I honestly feel better already as I’ve taken it upon myself to really turn things around and I’m already seeing results.

Hi @Asma,

Firstly, don’t compare yourself to others. You are your own unique, wonderful person. I’m sure that those other T1Ds have their own struggles. You probably just don’t see them, or they don’t show it in public. If anybody said diabetes was easy all of the time, they’d be lying.

Secondly, don’t think of those setbacks as defeat. Think of it as knowledge you’ve gained that you can apply to the situation next time to ensure you won’t have a setback again.

Best of luck.

Frank
www.type1writes.com

Meee,
I was searching for anything related to elavil and saw your post. I have been prescribed a low dose of elavil for migraine headaches but struggle with taking it because of the dependency issue and I’m afraid I won’t be able to get off of it. Any advice? I’m on 15mg nightly. I’m also worried about weight gain and insulin resistance.