Is there a way to not get bored with apps?

I hope Bathyscaph, you still are on TuDiab because I wonder if you still use MyNetDiary and wonder what you think of it now…can you give me your latest opinions? The latest is “MyNetDiary Max,” so maybe they have made some improvements too.

I am planning to actually buy my first cell phone in order to be able to use this app as I understand it has the ability to enter various tracking issues over time that we can decide on and I want to enter my temperature at various times of day and see how that progresses.

I was looking to see if it is possible to enter comments for blood sugar readings…basically is there a place to enter a comment for any entry one wishes to make?

Then I plan to also get a fitbit to encourage me to get out and do more walking. I know that can be set up to work in tandem with the app.

I am going to choose a phablet with an 8" screen as the tablet aspect is most important and I can’t see how people manage with such small screens on things. I have to use a 4x magnifier to use my UltraSmart blood monitor so that is why a cell phone did not seem feasible up to now.

Hi Janina, I still use the app although not as extensively as I once did. It was definitely the best I app I’ve found for tracking everything. I am using the diabetes version of the app. Some thoughs:

• You can track and write notes on almost anything.
  • this app has the best food database I’ve used for this type of app.
  • You can add your own foods and exercises easily
  • I often use the barcode scanning feature for adding foods. It has a large database of foods and it it is quick and easy to do
  • l use an iPhone 6 Plus which has a large screen. Works well for me.
  • Last I checked, Android versions of this app were not up to par with the iOS versions. I have several Android devices but I always use an Apple phone specifically for diabetes related stuff.
  • Personally, I think it’s worth buying a smartphone for the diabetes apps alone. I would recommend going with Apple if you want the best experience. A lot of niche apps never make it to Android or when they do it takes years and there are less features. This doesn’t matter for everything but when you need something very specific like an app that links to your Dexcom G5 transmitter then know that Apple apps always get built first.

Good luck.

I use the OneTouch Verio Flex. It has a watch battery C2032. I turn off the wifi after it uploads the data, to save electricity. No problems yet.