Is this a sign of insulin resistance?

I used to live in NYC when I was really little. My dad wrote for the New York Times. They live in chevy chase now and I have since relocated to va. I went to college in va to study equine management and met my hubby and here I am.

I actually had a really scary expierence when I lived in Brooklyn, I was mugged playing in front of my house when I was seven. I obviously didn’t have any money but it scared the crap out of me! A week later our house got robbed! Now Iive an hour away from any major city and I love being able to look out my window and see deer!

Wow, the NY Times. Where in VA?

Lexington,Va Have you heard of Washington and Lee and Virginia Military Institute?

Mugged at seven! What a traumatic experience.

Know Lexington & of Washington & Lee & VMI.

I’m about 1.5 hours south of you in Radford.

No way!!! It’s a small world!

I’m originally from NYC, so a really small world!

My roomie in college was from Radford I went home with her many weekends! Wild and crazy place When I went home with her! But it was a lot of fun!

My husband’s a professor at RU.

I heard that you can test bg on the toes too, is there a difference in the results compared to the fingers?

I’ve only heard of testing on toes for babies.

Fingers are the most accurate. You can use alternate test sites (arm, leg) using the clear lancet cover that comes with meters, but the results lag about 15 minutes behind what you’ll get from fingers. Not as easy to get blood from these areas.

My hubby is a counselor for autistic and emotionally troubled children. I used to work for a vet as an assistant. I loved it but was let go because of limited availability time wise. My kiddos are still pretty young ages 7,8 and 11 and they still need me a lot. I can’t work long hours because of that.

What an admirable profession. Great you can be home with your kids.

When you can, add a photo. It can be anything. Makes it easier for people to indentify you. There are so many of us here.

I will put a picture of my pooch (Bailey) because I don’t have any pictures of myself since 14 years ago when I got married!

I was just thinking how cute a Golden puppy pic would be:)

Sometimes she is cute and sometimes she is an obnoxious brat!!! But I love her all the same kind of like kids. She needs a good bath all 75 pounds of her! It is fun trying to get her in the tub! I go in with her! But it is all great fun to her!

Most puppies are brats. 75 lbs is one big puppy! Goldens are such high energy dogs.

I did research b4 we got her and since we are an active family I decided she would work out well for us.That was b4 I started feeling bad. We lost our Boxer last feb to a brain tumor and I said we would not get another dog. But the house seemed so empty. My friends thought I was crazy, like three kids are not enough! Throw a puppy into the mix and there is never a dull moment at my house! I don’t think Iwould have it any other way!

Sounds like you have a very happy house!