It gets worse

domestically lantus costs me 275 a vial for 300ml and humalog costs 120 dollars a vial 300ml.

in canada i pay 75 for lantus and 35 for humalog as a U.S. citizen… now while i am unaware of the contracted price the canadien government has with said pharms. i am quite sure they are slapping a higher price on it thanthey were charged…

“Have the politicians stop lying to the population and telling everyone that health care will be free.”

Dick, can you provide proof that anyone ever actually said that? I have never heard anyone say it will be free. I have heard them say costs will be lower but I have never heard anyone use the word free.

Yes it shut down under Clinton because Congress couldnt stop acting like kids then either…I think it is irresponsible as leaders of this country to act like that. They do not ever seem to care about the ripple effect of their actions because it never effects them directly…People seem to think the president actually makes laws as if he can do anything on his own…He only has as much control as Congress and Senate allow, remember everything is voted on…everything…thats the hold up now…Yet like I said everyone is quick to point the finger with out looking at everyone involved… Holding up progress and shutting down because they cant get their way is childish behavior…Freddie and Fannie could not be able to do with they did for as long as they did without someone looking the other way keep that in mind…

I like the way you think.

Yeah!!!

Seriously the Obama care is solely holding up the entire economy…please exlpain more in economic detail please?

Lol on SF about government employees with low pay!! Check your stats!! The union and government employees have an unfair advantage over the rest of us. We need to level the playing field!

Sorry! Cap locks was stuck mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa Corrected below!

Uhmm where did they say that they want to defund research and basically let us die? This rhetoric makes me sick. Where are your facts?

An insurance company doesn’t lose money paying claims if it’s product is priced correctly. Part of the ridiculous fees that we pay, for example ER treatment, is because Medicare pays a fraction of what the costs are. I think that price controls would help a great deal by eliminating the need for coordination of benefits expenses that can be very significant for insurers, providers and consumers.

Yes they did and it was a waste of money. They should of let it go through normal bankruptcy

To Kelly WPA - Obama time and time again told us that his health care plan would reduce the defecit. It was so important to show a defecit reduction that they even jimmied the numbers using 10 years of revenues to cover 6 years of expenses. from Wikipedia :

The CBO estimated the legislation would reduce the deficit by $143 billion[67] over the first decade and by $1.2 trillion in the second decade.[68][69] Although the CBO generally does not provide cost estimates beyond the 10-year budget projection period (because of the great degree of uncertainty involved in the data) it decided to do so in this case at the request of lawmakers. It predicted deficit reduction around a broad range of one-half percent of GDP over the 2020s while cautioning that “a wide range of changes could occur”.[70]

There was mixed opinion about the CBO estimates from others.

Uwe Reinhardt, a Health economist at Princeton, wrote that “The rigid, artificial rules under which the Congressional Budget Office must score proposed legislation unfortunately cannot produce the best unbiased forecasts of the likely fiscal impact of any legislation”, but went on to say “But even if the budget office errs significantly in its conclusion that the bill would actually help reduce the future federal deficit, I doubt that the financing of this bill will be anywhere near as fiscally irresponsible as was the financing of the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003.”[71]

Douglas Holtz-Eakin, a former CBO director who served during the George W. Bush administration, opined that the bill would increase the deficit by $562 billion.[72]

Republican House leadership and the Republican majority on the House Budget Committee estimate the law would increase the deficit by more than $700 billion in its first 10 years.[73][74]

Democratic House leadership and the Democratic minority on the House Budget Committee say the claims of budget gimmickry are false [75] and that repeal of the legislation would increase the deficit by $230 billion over the same period.[76]

David Walker, former U.S. Comptroller General now working for The Peter G. Peterson Foundation, has stated that the CBO estimates are not likely to be accurate, because it is based on the assumption that Congress is going to do everything they say they’re going to do.[77] On the other hand, a Center on Budget and Policy Priorities analysis said that Congress has a good record of implementing Medicare savings. According to their study, Congress implemented the vast majority of the provisions enacted in the past 20 years to produce Medicare savings.[78][79]

The distribution of wealth has changed significantly since the “Regan Revolution” The Idea was that money would trickle down. But your chart shows this has not happened. I would not favor going back to the high marginal rates pre Regan, but restoring the Clinton rates would seem to be a reasonable move.

We have a structural deficit and cuts in spending and increased taxes would seem to be the best way out. Incidentally I would favor re-imposition of the Clinton rates on all taxpayers, not just the rich. Part of our problem is that everyone wants the other guy to sacrifice to get out of this mess. The rich want to cut spending that benefits the poor and everyone but the rich want to raise the rich’s taxes. The only hope of a compromise that could pass is if everyone believes we all share the burden.

Nowhere have I seen proposing the state maintain people to a certain lifestyle, unless that "lifestyle"is not being homeless, destitute, hungry & in need of medical care. We take for granted that certain things are important enough–education & host of services–to be provided. Healthcare, a basic necessity, doesn’t make it on the list. Why is it such a hot button? It’s stupefying that healthcare is considered a privilege.

I guess i was not clear. I feel for the poor and believe that if the government gets out of the way, business will grow and provide more opportunities for all. I do believe that we are our brothers keepers and need to help the misfortunate. I just think we have gone too far when over 50 percent of the population is receiving more from the[public well than they contribute.

This is what Im talking about. All that silly republican happy talk about tac cuts making jobs is and always has been the biggest lie ever put over on the American people. It sounds like it makes sense, but in reality that is not what happens. They keep it as profits and keep their employees barely making it. Social Security and Medicare would be just fine if those guys would pay their taxes like you and I do. All of this cutting is going to make federal employees nothing more than collateral damage. It will put them out of work. And we know how the GOP feels about unemployment benefits and the unemployed. They are just a bunch of lazy, drug taking layabouts. All 30 million of them. It is absolutely insane. Not to mention mean-spirited and draconian.

It’s clear that not all boats are rising together. JP Morgan’s chief just got a huge raise. How are the rest of you doing?

I thought the GOP came in on a message of “jobs, jobs, jobs.” It’s turned into a battle to defund Planned Parenthood. This is not serious governance by our tea party freshmen. When the caucus is yelling “shut it down, shut it down” it is clear that this is not a budget matter at all. It’s these cry babies wanting more and more attention. They don’t understand the Constitution that they high in such regard. Each one of them voted for the very unconsittutional resolution that says it becomes law if the Senate doesn’t act. Apparently, School House Rock was beyond their capacity.

These jokers are doing us REAL harm. This is what happens when a crowd gets the whole “I got mine; to heck with the rest of you” attitude. We aren’t different countries. We are all Americans. That used to mean something.

yes but please tax the other guy noyt me - thats what most folks think - yes - no?

i pay 2500 a quarter for my insulin and my wifes 10000 per year! I would love a 25 co pay

to jeremiah. If the plan is configured and offered to all citizens, then he plan bases its costs on the average patient and yes costs will go up. But if thats the price of doing business and alll companies have the same rul;es, I believe that the marketplace will adjust. The healthy will claim that they are getting screwed, but I think that this is the only way to eliminate preexisting conditions. Group plans do this today for government and unoion plans because all members of teh group are covered. If the group becomes the entire country then it can work. If we leave it open and dont cover everyone, people will chose not to get insurance until they are sick and need it.

yes and tax all those rich folks 91% - whats rich? 50k per year??