It's been awhile and whats annoying me right now

Hi everyone,

It’s been awhile since ya’ll have last heard from me…

What is new with me ? Well, Our family has a compitition going on right now, who can lose the most weight and i’ve lost weight and put it back on + a couple pounds and I am fixing to go back on meds. I’m sad about it, But it’s got to be done.

Today… I had a Southwest whopper from BK ( Keto Style) aka no bun.
Sprite Zero from Sonic
Small fry
and me and mom split a Cheese Danish on the way home from the grocery store

Blood sugar was 170 just now after 2 hours UGH!!!

I feel like I’ve failed. And I’ve been hitting the gym and everything up until this month.

I inboxed my doctor via Epic Mychart and he’s called me in 2 months worth of Mounjaro to try. I just hope and pray Medicade will pay for it. I mean, I am guessing that they approved me starting Mounjaro because its sitting in a cooler at Walgreens now until the 1st when my 6 slots start over?

I hope everyone has been doing well during my absence!

PS… Ya’ll wanna know what is annoying me right now? It’s that Anthony Anderson commercial about Diabetes and the line about " Even if your A1c is good, you’re still at risk for heart attack and stroke and death “… As if I don’t already have enough :poop: going on in my life to remind me I am living with a " Ticking time bomb” disease :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :clown_face: :disappointed_relieved: :cry: :sob:

Take Care,
Chris

3 Likes

It is certainly tough getting into healthy habits and sticking to them. I will give you one suggestion you may want to try as consistency is what gets you to your desired finish line. A daily gym routine can be daunting. You need to psyche yourself to go, drive there, change, yada, yada, yada. Pretty soon there is always a reason to skip a few days off, then weeks and finally just give up.

You can lose considerable weight by just going out for a walk once or twice a day. Start with just 15 to 20 minutes and every few days add a few more minutes to your route. Before you know it, you can easily find yourself walking a couple of hours a day. Walking is an aerobic activity that will burn calories, not only when you walk but for several hours after your walk is complete and it can be fun to walk to new places and admire the world around you.

Being outside can give you a mental adjustment that you just don’t get with indoor exercise.

Lastly, when you are outside walking, you are away from the kitchen and various other rooms where you may have ready access to snack temptations.

I like no brainer exercises such as walking, because they are the easiest to stick with month after month. Losing weight and managing diabetes has to be made as simple as possible otherwise it is just too easy to fail.

A combination of Mounjaro plus a mild daily exercise routine should get you some amazing results in just a few short months. Yes, diabetics are prone to other issues as well, but you are also at risk of getting run over by a truck. Concentrate on your weight and as you keep improving and feeling better about yourself and your results, you can always add another goal at a later date.

4 Likes

I feel ya’, Chris. I’m still stuck with an extra 20 lbs of covid lockdown weight.

1 Like

Walking has kept my weight going up and down a few pounds,I tend to do this. But it is wonderful I also go do water aerobics twice a week. My hope is eventually I hope the down a few stays.:sunglasses:Nancy50

2 Likes

@cj114 wrote:

“It is certainly tough getting into healthy habits and sticking to them. I will give you one suggestion you may want to try as consistency is what gets you to your desired finish line. A daily gym routine can be daunting. You need to psyche yourself to go, drive there, change, yada, yada, yada. Pretty soon there is always a reason to skip a few days off, then weeks and finally just give up.”

That’s exactly what we were doing… Driving… Working out… Come home… Skip a day… Go back… Come home… Skip a day… then go back and repeat.

We went 3 days a week religiously for awhile.

I took the end of May and all of June off to do some deep cleaning of the house and get it ready for a party ( Ladies Bunco party) my mother was hosting here at the house in July.

Al Roker just said it is all in your head.Self talk has helped me a lot to swim and walk for 30 years. The minute I get out of bed I think where is my first walk. All about habits. Nancy50