It's just me

So, I just turned 35. I remember my mom turning 35. Not sure why I remember but I do. I am starting to feel old. Years ago I was diagnosed with diabetes, I lost 25 lbs and was considered diabetic controlled by diet. Then life well, became life and I gained 30 back. I’m working at getting back down again.

I am on glucophage ER (1000 bid) and Byetta (10 mcg bid).

My last A1C was 7.6 I think it was (It was just last week, but I don’t have it in front of me at the moment. I just know that it was just over 7.5)

I am just so tired of being worried about my health. You see, not only do I have T2, but my liver is full of many, many, many benign tumors along with being 90% fat (foie gras anyone?). I know this for a fact because I had the left lobe removed almost a year ago (7/18). I want to grow old with my wonderful husband, but I just want to be normal. And by normal I mean not having to think and stress so much about what I need to do. I wish there was such a thing as a vacation from life.

I have lost 12 lbs since my surgery. Not much I know, but I am working on it. I tried a vegan diet after the surgery, and I just couldn’t do it. I am working at trying to make more meals vegan/vegetarian this go round and then I don’t have to stress so much about the meat meals. The big thing…meat just seems to satisfy me more than other sources of protein. Course it doesn’t help that I just found out I’m sensitive to eggs and milk - not allergic but I do have to moderate what I eat. I pretty much already knew that though, I guess my body told me that. I don’t feel well after more than 2 cups of milk (I’m fine with cheese, and the allergy tests showed that) and more than 2 eggs.

I guess the big thing, I just don’t want to have to think about it. I don’t like testing my BG’s because I am faced with how my body betrays me.

Hi JJ, I feel the worry in your words. The first thing you should realize is that your body is not betraying you. The body never betrays us and never does anything with malicious intent to harm you, whether it is diabetes, cancer or otherwise. It is using it’s extreme survival mechanisms to keep yourself alive. Please do not get any more of yourself cut out, it is not necessary. You need to educate yourself about what steps you need to take to get healthy again. You have been on the incorrect path in life regarding health, and I am going to recommend you read some of these books to get well again. Please do not be scared to venture away from your doctors recommendations.

Sorry about the links going wacky, I’ll put them on my personal page for anyone and everyone.