It's OK to miss chocolate cake... with pink frosting.. and sprinkles!

Hope you like it! I eat it for breakfast. I have other cake & dessert recipes to send you, if you like.

http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/ Has the most decadent (& healthy) desserts.

This blog is so sweet I now have 2 more cavities!!! Good job!

Thanks Karebear! Thank you Gerri! I would love any recipe you have!

Jenny, send me a PM with your email address & I’ll email you recipes.

And Jenny, it’s okay to have a piece of the cake, but remember your portions…not a huge pre-d piece, but a small slice and plan for it. I love chocolate brownies, I mean fudgy homemade chocolate brownies, and my dh makes the best. His pieces (he works in a bakery) are about 3 x 3 ---- that would kill me for sure, but a 1 x 1 piece is enough to do more laps at the pool, and give up another carb thing when I want one. Granted, I can’t have it every day, nor every week. But a special occassion…I will manage portions and do something to balance it out.
You can too, if you make up for it.

Gerri, if yo have that recipe handy, I’d love to have a copy of them too. Thanks

Thanks Cathy. With my personality I have just found it easier to avoid the temptations. Cant miss what you dont remember! Except I do remember that cake. :slight_smile: I am excited to try Gerri’s recipe!

As I get it , it’s ok to have some chocolate or sugar-based sweets.If it has 20 HC it’s the equivalent of a banana, no?
I have diabetes for just 1.5 months but I’ve managed for now to eat some sweets in my daily meals.I started with 200 HC / a day and now I’m trying to eat 250 but not allways couse I want to use less insulin.
I was wondering first if it’s much more harmfull to eat sweets than fruits (diabetes related :slight_smile: ) and second how much carbohydrates to you guys eat a day (T1/male/25) ?

The flour in cake mixes has a ton of carbs. No sugar, but still too many carbs.

Dragan, a carb is a carb is a carb. Why are you trying to increase carbs from 200 to 250?

Here’s one previous discussion about how many carbs people eat. Over 100 pages of replies https://forum.tudiabetes.org/topics/how-many-carbs-do-you-eat-per?commentId=583967%3AComment%3A248887