Its slowly settling in~

I’m a week into it~
Not sure what to do?
Will I be able to live a normal life?
This question plagues me…

HI Alan,
It’s not easy dealing with diabetes at first… so much to learn, so much to take in… yet, it eventually becomes part of your life, something else that you deal with and live with, but not YOUR life, per se.

My best advice is: one day at a time, man. If you try to take it ALL in at once, it is overwhelming. Just make sure to take baby steps, little by little.

Take care,

Yes, you will be able to live a normal life! Take a look around this comunity and you’ll see we’re all living (relatively) normal lives and just made diabetes a part of it!

I know it is an adjustment, but you will find your routine. Like Manny said, take it one step at a time and be patient with yourself!

hello, Alan, welcome to the community! We have many members from San Diego - check out Dino - he’s a lot of fun, and very inspiring too!

Normal is what you make of it. There are times in life when “normal” changes, and it takes a little adjusting. Or sometimes a lot of adjusting. Just remember that there are literally MILLIONS of other people who deal with diabetes every day, and if they can, you can. That’s what brought me to this site in the first place.