JPEC: Type 2 Diabetes/Insulin Performance Improvement

Hey there! My name is Dr. Moore and I am a doctor in General Medicine. I have completed and found these CMEs to be very useful so I thought I’d share them with everyone.

Here’s what they’re about: “Joslin Diabetes Center, through the Professional Education Department, produces continuing medical education (CME) for healthcare providers involved in all aspects of diabetes care. Our programs offer valuable tools and information to more effectively set standards of care, improve healthcare outcomes and enhance quality of life for people with diabetes, its complications and its comorbidities.”

After completing Type 2 Diabetes Performance Improvement activity, you should be able to:

1. Initiate treatment strategies for people with type 2 diabetes using nonpharmacologic and pharmacologic interventions
  2. Implement an office-based system to identify cardiovascular risk factors in people with type 2 diabetes
  3. Implement office-based systems to effectively coordinate antihyperglycemic treatments and CVD risk reduction
  4. Apply strategies to overcome obstacles to patient adherence, including cultural issues, using resource materials from the Joslin CareKit™

After completing the Insulin Performance Improvement activity, you should be able to:

1. Assess patients for self-monitoring of blood glucose need and ability, including selection of monitoring hardware and checking schedule and pattern interpretation expectations
  2. Provide effective means of overcoming identified obstacles to insulin initiation and treatment
  3. Develop and implement office-based systems to facilitate the timely initiation and management of insulin treatment programs
  4. Provide people using insulin with appropriate educational support to encourage self-management
  5. Develop in-office and/or referral support for the education and management of insulin pen use

In order to participate in the CMEs you’ll have to register on their website: www.jpec.joslin.org