Jumping into G6

G6 should be accurate. If its not, just be prepared with some backup libre’s and to make phone calls to Dexcom.

1 Like

Thanks. I just started my last 14 day Libre. I hav eno idea how long till I get the G6 so no idea if I will have a stash or not. But I do have massive amounts of strips, thanks to someone in this group who sent me some for my Omnipod PDM!

1 Like

I use IV Prep to clean my skin. For years. I don’t know if it helps with tape retention but Dave seems to. For what it’s worth, I just went through my first 10 days with G6 with no added cover tape and I never could have done that with G5. Only one tiny section had loosened and that is amazing for me. YMMV.

2 Likes

Completely fascinated that you are using the Libre on your dog. Doesn’t the dog try to pull it off???

3 Likes

@Patty22 That was my thought is she would be scratching at it. She does wear a doggy tee to help keep it protected and I shave the hair off the area it goes and use Skin Tac. We have to use a Skin Tac wipe away to get it off of her, it is so firmly attached. She pays no attention to it at all. It has been invaluable especially/because she was so erratic with her BG’s. She had some fractured teeth pulled and that has seemed to really help. There are people out there starting to use them on their pets, that is how I found out!!!

I was amazed too. Very cool!

1 Like

Hoping they get approved fast. Not sure if my pharmacy is able to dispense them or not. (Kroger).

If a Libre can work on a dog, I suppose the upcoming Verily would work on a hamster. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

to answer the original question:
I wear on back of my arm as that’s where I have the most “fat”.
By the way, when I have had to phone Dexcom for a sensor replacement, I do tell Dexcom I wear it on my arm “per my Dr’s instructions”, which is the truth. Dexcom does not have a problem (in my experience) with arm placement as long as it’s prescribed by your Dr. Good luck. I love my Dexcom. Yes, it’s frustrating to get a “bad one”, but that’s because I’m so spoiled by the typically good function!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that! I’ve just been informed the order has been placed. Should be soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woke up with a 42 this morning. The lowest reading I have had in maybe a few years. Guess it’s a good thing my package is waiting at the pharmacy! :wink:

1 Like

Do you get central-vision blindness when that low; or other visual disturbances? If I wake up below a certain value (or even if I put off fixing a low when awake), my central vision become an oval gray nothingness. It goes way very quickly, however. A few minutes.

I used to get what I findly called Ms. Pacman at 60. A white blob in my field of vision that grew bigger they lower it went. Now I get a very very numb hand and that is it. I didnt feel anything else. I should have gotten up to check, but I stayed in bed a little too long…This will be my 50th year with type I and things have surely changed physically.

I get Ms. Pacman too when I creep below 40. It moves across my eye and sometimes can block my vision. That always tells me that I better snap to it and get some sugar fast. Sometimes at night, I am bad at ignoring alarms until the low gets really urgent.

2 Likes

I often don’t hear the alarms. My wife tends to be the one to wake me if I’m low. She can also see my readings as she has an old phone of mine (it sits permanenetly in a charging cradle on her nightstand) running in “Follow” mode that my xDrip sends data to, as it does to her cell, also. I also follow her xdrip data from my phone. We both have 2 copies of xDrip on each phone thanks to App Cloner–an app that allows for more than one instance of an android app. works like a charm.

2 Likes

Yes, at about 55-60. It’s a key flag for me that I need some quick carbs asap. My Dex will chime in about 10 minutes later…

1 Like

I missed this. Thanks for the info!

Going to try my arm as well, because of the Libre I am also used to it.