Just a bit about myself

Hello everyone, I’m Jesus, most of my friends call me Alex which is my middle name. I am new to TuDiabetes and am comming up on my first anniversery of being diagnosed with Diabetes. As a matter of fact, it was on this date last year, that I started feeling the symptoms that would lead to my diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes. The date of my diagnosis was January 21, 2010. It has been an incredible year since I was in ICU for 4 days following my diagnosis. I feel a lot better than I did then, but I know that I can do much better still. I know that I’ve been letting my guard down a bit in the past few months, but I am starting to get back on track and should have a much better control within the next few months.

Welcome Alex! Hope that you will feel right at home here :slight_smile: It helps to know that there are people out there who “get it”! And we do!!

Hi, Alex! I’m sure you will find lots of people here who will be able to listen to what’s on your mind and talk to you about possibilities you never thought of. This place can be a life-saver!
Smiles,
Natalie ._c-

Thanks, I already feel at home.

Hi Alex! This is a great site! I’m a bit of a newbie here myself, but it has been a fantastic experience. Great community and a TON of good advice & knowledge

Thanks, I feel great being here.

Hi Alex:) Glad you found this site, its fun, and you will learn lots:) so don’t be shy:)

Wow you were in ICU, was this because your BS were so High? Get back to taking care of your self, its the best thing you can do for yourself.
If anything we all learn on this long D road, it is that we are the only ones that can choose to, or not to take care of our Diabetes.
It is a hard one, and it is easy with life and stresses and being busy to just let it go. But we need to be on top of ourselves:)
You can do, I see that in your saying “I can do better”. Every day wake up and tell your self, I can do better:) and I am sure Habit will lead you on your way to Good Health:)
What med or meds are you on?
Take care, Debbie

Hi Debbie,

I am also glad that I found this site. I was in ICU when I got diagnosed with Diabetes. I went into the ER with a glucose level of 1301. I was in the hospital for 4 days. When I was released, I was averaging a level of 250-300. They put me on Metformin, a sliding scale regular insulin, and something else that the name escapes me now. Right now, I am averaging a level of 110-135 in the mornings, and usually around the mid 80’s to mid 90’s for lunch and mid 70’s - 110 at night. I am just taking two tablets of metformin a day and trying to eat better, and exercise. It’s working so far but we’ll see how things go. What about you?

Alex

Welcome!! Glad that you are here, TuD is a wonderful place to find support and learn alot from so many great people. This “D” is tricky, and takes patience and time, take it one day at a time. Wishing you well and if I can help in any way just let me know :slight_smile:

Alex, I’m glad you found this site. There is sooooo much support here.

Hey Alex, your story sound similar to mine. I was at ICU for 4 days with a bg of over 1000. Take your time at getting better and adjusting. My first year was an instersting year. I went from doing insulin only, lantus and humalog for the first year until I got things under control to being in pills these days. I lost some weight back then and became active again during that time.

take care and happy travels

Thank you for making me feel welcomed. Looks like this is a great community to be a part of. If there is anything you need, let me know. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I am enjoying being a part of this community. I think that all of us need some help in some way. If there is anything that I can do for you, let me know.
Alex

Thank you, I am already feeling the support.

Thanks, it’s great finding someone who has a good idea of what you have been through and can relate. Congratulations on being able to have your A1c as low as you do.