Last night I fell into the toilet

I use to wake up when BS would go low at night. But not any more if not for my Dexcom G6 I wold sleep into a coma.
I set the night low alarm a little higher the the day, to wake me prior to going below 90. What I do following you should discuss with your Endo Doc.

When going to bed if my if my BS is below 180. I’ll increase the ready a little so the readings have a longer time to decrease.
I wake several times during the night and check the meter , if over night I see I’ve drifted down to say 120 I take 1-2 glucose tabs. But if I have a sudden drop and the alarm wakes me I have a 4oz bottle of cranberry juice. This take me about 30 min to bring the level back up.

Again you need to discuss your situation with your Endo Doc.

2 Likes

Try Glucose Shots from Walmart. It’s a 60mL bottle with 15g of carb. They cost $1.48 each. Works much faster than glucose tabs—usually within 10 minutes for me. Half a bottle will often be adequate when I’m headed low. Some Walmart stores have a couple flavors, too. Very convenient as it’s pre-measured. Learned about this item from my diabetes educator.

1 Like

If you have not done so yet I would very highly suggest getting a Dexcom g6 cgm, it can save your life. Take it from someone that’s been there and done that. Also I love my Dexcom g6 ITS A LIFE SAVER really. Best of luck. Al

1 Like