LDL Cholesterol

Both my parents had bad side effects from statins, so I have been determined to stay away from them as much as possible. Diet and exercise helped some for me, but lately, that has been failing to make the difference my doctors (and I) want.
Six months ago, my Lipids Profile was: Total: 242, Trigs: 62, HDL: 54, LDL: 170.

Keeping my BG in check (low carb eating and A1c in the mid-to-low 5s) has helped at least with triglycerides. All that said, I did try - at my endo’s insistence - a very low dose (10mg bi-weekly) of pravastatin – and had side effects that got progressively worse with each dose. I’d be due for one tomorrow, but plan to skip taking it.
My endo pursued and won approval for me to take Praluent - an injectable PCSK9 inhibitor that reduces serum LDL cholesterol by allowing the body to eliminate it more efficiently.

After one month on Praluent, my Lipids Profile is as follows: Total: 115, Trigs: 65, HDL: 49, LDL: 53.

I think that is a significant-enough improvement to keep taking it for now. I have had no serious side effects from Praluent - just a dry cough for 2-3 days, but that seems to be less with each dose.