Legs feel strange at times

I haven’t been to the doctor yet cause it will cost $200 every time i go now thanks to bad medical insurance. My legs feel weird from time to time. My legs feel weak and heavy but i don’t fall down or anything like that. I want to figure this out myself before i go to the doctor. I guess I got to stop wearing tight clothes and buy bigger pants. It seems to point to Meralgia paresthetica. This started to happen as i started new job in october. At my old job i was fine. You guys have any ideas

First off there is no way we can help diagnose you. I am sorry you are having this issue. Just for information: Meralgia paresthetica is a condition characterized by tingling, numbness and burning pain in the outer part of your thigh. The condition is caused by compression of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve, which supplies sensation to your upper leg. ( from Mayo Clinic. ) How long have you had diabetes? How are your blood sugars?are you on medication? Could it be a side effect? You can get neuropathy in your legs. So you and your doctor may have to figure this out in the end. Good luck! Nancy50

I had weak legs for more than 2 years, due solely to Pravastatin. I switched to Simvistatin not because of the leg weakness but because Pravastatin was causing my liver tests to have alarming results. Regaining my leg strength was a pleasant bonus from stopping the Pravastatin.

This can also indicate any number of vascular diseases such as PAD (peripheral artery) or PVD (peripheral vascular) disease. It would be in your best interest to see your family doctor or a cardiologist/cardiovascular doctor to have some dopplers done to see if there is anything to be concerned with.

Last year I started having numbness and pain in my outer thigh. I was concerned it might be diabetic neuropathy so I brought this up with my endo. He told me its meralgia parenthesis and It’s unrelated to my diabetes. He suspects its the result of a spinal compression fracture I suffered many years ago combined with
progression of osteoarthritis in my lower back. He said If it was really bothering me I should see my rheumatologist.

I’m sorry your insurance stinks, but I hope you’ll spend the $200 to see a doctor. This forum isn’t a substitute for a medical diagnosis. Relying on my experience is penny wise and pound foolish. What if it’s something else?

3 Likes

I upvote that 100 times.

I hav e the same symptoms when I sit on a hard chair. Too long or even the toilet. For me I’m def cutting off circulation just a little. It goes away pretty fast.
What I’m saying is there are a lot of things that can cause the symptoms, some are nothing and some could be serious.
I think you will need a doctor to figure it out this time. Not that doctors always have the answers. But they are more likely to