Let's all pray for Robyn

Lifting you up in prayer Robyn!!

Didn’t know about this either. Robyn, take care and have a speedy recovery. Your in my thoughts and prayers. Love you, sis…Patti Burns

I hope things went well and that youll have a quick and speedy recovery.

Hi Robyn! Hope that things went as well as can be expected. Let us know how you are when you have a chance! Hugs!!!

OOOO my!!! I love all of you! I am doing very well. The procedure went well. Numbing drops and then Doc inserted a 4 inch needle into my left eye socket to numb eye. Swelled up like a boxer that took too many hits to the eye…lol Laser was set at max dose/strength and had 450 zaps to cauterize veins/vessels in eye. Doc said it is like getting my eye tattooed! Painful…like a massive brain freeze x’s 10 in one location. Took some good drugs afterwards…saw double for about 5 hrs. Not much pain this morning and feeling fine.

Thank you everyone for the kind wishes…so thankful for all of you and that I can say you are a big, important, cherished part of my life. xo

Robyn so glad things went well. Scary stuff

I am ready for the same procedure in two weeks…right eye! Drugs beforehand this time!! LOL I am doing well and actually doing laundry and going to go buy my self something today…shop therapy xo

To me this procedure is just scary. All the best to you Robyn.

I hate that punched repeatedly in the eye feeling. After laser I would go lie down for the rest of the day and listen to an audio book. Glad to hear your feeling better.

Thank you, everyone!! Doing just fine. I know what to expect in two weeks…right eye is next. Going to ask the Doc to numb me even more…fill that syringe up, baby!!

Sounds like it went well! :slight_smile: Yes, go and do some shop therapy! You deserve it!

I remember after my laser surgery the doctor was like “Don’t use the eyes for a while esp. not the computer” - of course I couldn’t resist checking my email even though my sight was a bit blurry. But than I was a good girl and rested my eyes for several hours on the couch. Wasn’t too hard because all that worrying exhausted me! :slight_smile: The recovery period for eye surgeries isn’t that bad really unless you got a whole new eye! . :slight_smile:

You are a brave gal. You were in my prayers and will be in two weeks again. At least this time you know how to better prepare. You should rest and relax but if you feel that good that is a good sign. I’d go get something nice too. You deserve it. Stay well. XOXOXO

Robyn, you were in my thoughts and prayers. So happy everything went well!!!

Here’s to a speedy convalesence!
Good luck Robyn.

Was this for retinopathy? I’m just confused - I’ve had about 30 laser treatments between both eyes, about 600 ‘zaps’ each time, over the course of several years (I had BAD retinopathy), and I never had to have a shot in my eye! The numbing drops were enough. Yikes, I don’t think I’d have been such a good patient if I was being threatened with a 4 inch needle.

I didnt have a shot for my laser sessions either (Ive had a ton too). I have had it for the Avastin shots Ive had. Im thinking its a local anesthesia, but must be a lot stronger than the drops / gel.

Robin, we keep an eye on you ! Take care of you !

Thank you, everyone! I am doing fine, just a bit sore in the eye socket. I bought myself some new perfume :slight_smile: Took a nice long nap. I am a bit overwhelmed by all the comments…appreciate them all and every one of you wonderful people. xo

So glad you’re doing well!

Glad to hear you are doing OK, amiga!