Let's be honest! What's your Pump's name and how did you come up with it?

I named mine Wallace. I wish he was a girl, but I know in my heart he’s a boy. I don’t know where the name came from, to be truthful…

wow!! that is such a great idea to name your pump!! mine should be coming tuesday and i cant wait!! im thinking of a name right now, so far i have came up with savior but i will see how it goes lol. :slight_smile:

I named my first pump P2 as it was my second pancreas. I have had 2 replacement pumps, so now I am on P4. Sometimes my husband still gets confused and calls it P2, but I still know what he is talking about.

I can’t believe I’ve been Pumping for 13 years and haven’t ever named my pump. I’m going to have to work on this

I decided on Life Line. The other one I was considering was Better Half but decided against it cause my wife might take offense.

My first pump was a blue deltec Coszmo named Bubbles. Now I have a green ping named Kermit Clementine Spring Green Ping the Pump the 3rd. Lol I couldnt decide between all the names so I just put them all together! :slight_smile:

I've named my green pump "Francois." Just because I've always had a thing for French guys. :-) "This is Francois, my plastic pancreas."

I named my pump Priscilla because she is pink, and was pretty high maintenance when I got her in October.

I've thought of naming my pump, but never have. My boyfriend calls it, and my glucometer, my "diabetes thingy," ha! I'll have to start thinking up names... I'll update when something glorious comes to me.

I named my pump Pingy and my dexcom cgm Dexter

I have lovingly called my pump my "umbilical cord" as I am still getting used to the idea. Maybe we will become more intimate and a name shall be granted.

I know this is a crazy old thread, but I wanted to respond to this one. I've been pumping for about the same amount of time, and I'm really surprised I never named mine either. I name EVERYTHING! I even named the little snake my husband found in front of out apartment and which he collected to let loose somewhere more safe.

That being said, I've already named my next pump. Can't wait to get it. :)

My pump's name is Navi, like from the Zelda games, because the alarms can be so annoying. The name transferred when I changed pumps.

I call my dexcom 'Dexie'.

I recently started using a pump but had read this thread before I had decided on the Ping. So I began contemplating names... Being the sci fi geek that I am, I named my green Ping... Yoda :) lol. Yoda keeps me in touch and in control of the "force" within me lol. The meter is the light sabre used to combat high glucose levels lolol. See, there is a method to the madness... sometimes lol

I'll start using the Dexcom on the 29th and have already got a name for that as well... Darth Vader lolol. He is the bearer of bad news sometimes and also helps me keep the "force" in check.

I hope MY bit of silliness makes you or someone else feel at ease about naming things. :)

After two months I am still looking for a name for my green Ping. My oldest daughter feels he should be named Chester, because that's where he's from (Chester, PA) and because he rides in my bra, mostly. My husband objects to me having some guy in my bra. I don't know--still working on it.

How about 'Frog', because he is green.

I think your husband should be glad that another guy is that interested in keeping you healthy, and that you are cute enough to be attractive to that other guy!

Okay, mine is named Pollack. No, really! You see, Ping reminds me of sonar. Sonar reminds me of submarines. The first submarine I served on was the USS Pollack (SSN-603). So, there you go!

LOL--I'm going to share this with him. After this comment I think Chester is going to stick!