Libre on prescription how do you get it?

I have not yet seen discussed how you get Libre on prescription all I have read is that it will be a postcode lottery. Apologies if this had been discussed before

I have just returned from my latest visit to my endo (he was blown away by my Nightrider and asked permission to follow my bg on Nightscout and show colleagues) and he said his trust would have three criteria. Now to my shame I cannot remember the first but I know
I no way qualified but the other two were:
If you had no control over your diabetes I.e. young children, people with learning difficulties etc.
If you used 12 or more blood meter sticks a day because in his trust these cost the same as Libre.
I would definitely qualify on this so I need to check back and make sure I have ordered this over the period before I went CGM.

Please share your experiences and see how people are getting on asking for Libre

I am using dexcom, and qualified for a free sensor and reader, from Freestyle. So I asked my endo for RX, and he sent me one and I got Libre from my local CVS.

Not sure what you mean by postcode lottery. Maybe that pharmacy are being supplied or not based on postcode ? So that it may be limited in some areas until they get the lottery?

Would this be a reference to within England perhaps?

Flash glucose monitoring: Can we avoid a postcode lottery?

Tim

Sorry for confusion we in the UK log in to diabetes.co.uk so I think of
this as a uk website whereas of course it is international as well.

In the UK the government health service provides us with most of our
meds for free but they have to be approved first similar to the FDA in
the States.

Once approved it is up to each area of the country to decide what
qualifications you need to get them as I detail in my original post for
Libre.

As each of the trusts covers a limited area it may be that someone in
one town will qualify while in the next one will not.

As one town has one postcode, ours is GL6 the next one which might be
GL7 this is referred to as a postcode lottery.Timllll

MM - Sorry for confusion we in the UK log in to diabetes.co.uk so I
think of this as a uk website whereas of course it is international as
well.

In the UK the government health service provides us with most of our
meds for free but they have to be approved first similar to the FDA in
the States.

Once approved it is up to each area of the country to decide what
qualifications you need to get them as I detail in my original post for
Libre.

As each of the trusts covers a limited area it may be that someone in
one town will qualify while in the next one will not.

As one town has one postcode, ours is GL6 the next one which might be
GL7 this is referred to as a postcode lottery.

This post is for UK only members.

Back in September NICE approved of Freestyle Libre but left it up to individual Trusts to decide on criteria. Since then I have not heard of anyone being allowed it on NHS prescription. My endo told me this is because many Trusts are making their minds up as to who qualifies. His Trust in London say anyone who has several uncontrolled hypos and those who would save 8 blood testing sticks or more will qualify. Interested to know what other rules are being enforced as I do not live in London.

Cheers