Little and Big Successes

I put this up for people to post or blog their accomplishments in spite of diabetes and depression. When you are feeling down, you often think you have done everything wrong and that you can’t do anything right. it is important to ackknowledge the things you have done no matter how small and know that you are able to doing things. feel free to post any uplifting stories. we can applaud each other!

so, today i have so far taken my meds on time and have checked my sugars on time. my BG was real high for like 24 hrs and now it’s back to 111. yay!

Hello Myriam, Glad for your BG.I love your idea

I took the public transit today and it sure made me thankful for all I have in family and home and even car as there are so many people in destitute poverty who have no transportation. It seems silly to be depressed when you look around but depressed is not a choice it just is.

i live in dc and i take the metro sometimes even though i have a car. then u don’t have to deal with parking! and i guess it’s good for the environment :slight_smile: thanks for the reply

yesterday, i was feeling really good cuz i was in range and i found out i had lost 6lbs in 2 months! i try not to weigh myself too often or i get depressed, lol. then, last night(midnight) i wake up with a low sugar and i usually turn my pump off for 10 minutes to give it time to come up. so after i eat i am apparently too groggy and forget to turn it on. then i wake up at 8am with a 462 sugar. most days that would make me depressed all day. but i’m gonna try and be positive. these things happen, right? and i did just lose some weight. :slight_smile:

I live just my day,not thinking about tomorrow or yesterday.That make me happier…

I guess the last few weeks, I have heard, LOOK BACK, but DON’T STARE!
GOD IS ALL AROUND US, HE IS THAT CLOSE.
BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR WORDS… WHAT WE SAY OVER AND OVER AGAIN HAS A IMPACT ON OUR VERY EXISTANCE…WORDS CAN HARM AND SHAPE YOU IN NEGATIVE WAYS. CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY!

USE YOUR TEMP BASAL RATE ON YOUR PUMP. LOWER IT FOR 1 HOUR, THEN YOU WON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT TURNING IT BACK ON! i USED TO SUSPEND MY PUMP ALL THE TIME TO SHOWER IN THE AM…BEING ALWAYS RUSHED … I’D ALWAYS FORGET TO TURN IT BACK ON! AND YEA I HAD HIGH SUGARS. SO I WOULD PLAY CATCH UP WITH MY PUMP… SO I JUST DON’T SUSPEND ANYMORE. i LEAVE ON!
GOOD LUCK TO YOU I HATE WAKING UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT IN A CRASH. I SLEEP WITH A APPLE AND MY METER BY THE BEDSIDE MOST NIGHTS. WHEN I HAVE THEM THERE I NEVER NEED THEM. GO FIGURE!!!

thanks! i’ll try to remember to do that. just set the temp basal to 0. yeah, the future is often depressing sohair