Living with diabetes series

This is the 5th and last Installment of the living with diabetes project I was writing for a friend who is taking a class and needed a crash course in living with diabetes and I wanted to share it with everyone.

Living with diabetes part 5

living with diabetes can be a challenging endeavor for everyone, the required changes in diet and fitness can be a daunting task.

You might be having feelings of depression, anger,fear, anxiety and frustration, these feelings are common and natural so please do not let them take over your life.

Here are a few tips you can use to cope with these feelings.

Do the things that you enjoy doing like listening to music or watching a movie
Reach out to a family member or friend
Take a walk, fresh air is always good for the spirit
Stick with your treatment plan keeping your sugars in range will make you feel better
Let your doctor know because depression is serious but treatable condition
Follow the poor diabetic zen master strategies

Diabetes Support Groups

Diabetes support groups will give you the opportunity to talk to other people with diabetes.
They face the same issues concerns and fears and they are always a tremendous way to connect with people.
Knowing that you are not alone in this fight is the single most truth that will guide you to higher quality of living
There are a ton of support groups in your area my suggestion is to start at the local ADA office, they will guide you in the right direction
Living with diabetes is a very challenging endeavor and I hope I have shed some light on a few of the common problem areas and also impacted some valuable information that you can use to leapfrog these problems and live a healthier and fulfilling life.

part 1 of the living with diabetes series is available here

part 2 of the living with diabetes series is available here

part 3 of the living with diabetes series is available here

part 4 of the living with diabetes series is available here