Looking for type 2 and 3 bloggers

Hello from you favorite (ok just my favorite) blogger. If you look below in the blog section of our site you will you will see some really great bloggers. The multitude of topics is wonderful and the writing (excluding mine)is very good. But we are lacking.

What the Blogabetic is lacking? Well except for spelling and dropped words I do ok, but our blog site is lacking. What do we lack? We lack type 2 and 3 bloggers. So if you want to blog, (who doesn't right)? If you want to blog and you are a type 1, 2, or 3 but especially if you are a type 2 or 3 diabetic please come join us.

The truth is our blogging community has grown exponentially over the last few years. We now host destination blogs from several bloggers, but we honestly need more type 2 and type 3 bloggers. No experience necessary. I mean look at me I can barley tie my shoes and they let me blog.

Please come join us. You are welcome, needed and will be profoundly appreciated, if you share you talents. Be a regular blogger or a sometimes blogger. It is all good, we need you and your input. Please come joint he fun and be your own blogabetic.

Simple institutions to blog

1. click the top ribbon Blogs

2. Choose Add

3. Type a title

4. Type your blog

5. Save it.

Easy as 1, 2, 3

I usually type off line and past the body into the blog, that works best for me, but you can type online or off line whatever works .

-30-

rick

Hi Rick, your last paragraph is good advice. I've lost my blog while typing it online here on TuD and been so very frustrated! Now I use Microsoft Word. And by the way, I love your blogs!

Rick, I'm missing something so this is going completely over my head.

I went over there and looked. Practically, I don't see the difference between posting a message in the blog area, and then people commenting on it, or posting a discussion in the General forum, and having people respond to it. In addition, the latter provides some additional information about the discussion by threading responses.

So, not being critical, just wondering why I would split the time I spend here between the two paths of discussion. What's the unique feature/value of posting a topic to discuss in the blog section rather than a discussion group?

Dave, Blogs are generally longer, they have greater life, and they are to be more personal. Such as hey I am feeling this, doing that, trying this, or participating in that. Discussions are really specific talkign points.

Blogging is a often defined as follows:

Many blogs provide commentary on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries; others function more as online brand advertising of a particular individual or company. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, Web pages, and other media related to its topic.

The ability of readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important contribution to the popularity of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (art blogs), photographs (photoblogs), videos (video blogs or "vlogs"), music (MP3 blogs), and audio (podcasts).

It is a very different form of expression than a discussion.

I hope you will join us.

rick>

Type 3? aka Alzheimer's?

"Type 3 Diabetics" sometimes refers to those non-diabetics who are close to us diabetics: http://www.tudiabetes.org/group/typeiiidiabetesclose. Spouses, partners, friends... This group refers to just Type 1s; I'd expand the definition to include Type 2s.

Yes type 3's include any support person who is important in caring for people with diabetes. Typical type 3's include parents, spouses, care giving children, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends even neighbors. If you are a member of this site, we woudl like to include you as a blogger.