Losing friends through diabetes

LFRFHAD
Those are the letters I have written on my diabetes case. It stands for "Left foot, right foot, heart attack, death" That is the most common set of diabetic complications for people that will not take care of their diabetes. I have had 2 friends that were over-eaters with diabetes. They never surrendered to the lack of power they had over food, and as a result, I have to visit them at the cemetery.
Daniel Von Bargen, the actor who portrayed the character of Mr. Kruger on the hit television series Sienfeild, attempted suicide after learning that he would never work in Hollywood again because he was scheduled to have some toes amputated due to his diabetes. He was 61.
So yeah, you betcha this is one serious disease. It shortens some life spans. The good news, is that if you take care of it, you can live a bit longer. But once the complications set in, they cannot be reversed. And the older you get, the closer you get to complications.

This post is in memory of the 2 friends I had that died through LFRFHAD. Rest in peace, the war is over.

I enjoyed this