Lost G4 receiver!

So my Dexcom G4 was lost or stolen when I was in the hospital. They want me to pay $199 for a new receiver. What should I do??? I don’t have $200 to pay out of pocket!

Was the G4 and receiver on the inventory list in hospital? If so then make sure they are aware it is missing and try to get them to pay for it. Especially if the insisted you could not use it or confiscated it on admission.

Just curious, when you were check in the hospital, they did do a check list of items that were on you when you were admitted? Usually there is a form that would list your clothes, watch, money, wallet, other valuables, ect. If you have you Dexcom listed then I think they could be held accountable. I know when ppls dentures get lost or thrown in the trash by accident, I think they hospital reimburses the patient for the cost. I would contact the nursing using you were on and talk with the charge nurse to see if you could get reimbursed...if you have no luck with charge nurse....find the unit manager. Good luck!

Christina

If this did not happen when you were in the hospital then see if they can set up a payment arrangement? After all it’s in dexcoms best interest, if you don’t have the receiver then your not buying sensors. Also maybe talk to your local dexcom rep that you first worked out getting the dexcom, they maybe able to help? Don’t forget to talk to your doctor, they get samples and perks all the time.

The hospital never did do any inventory check. I have been admitted before this and never did any inventory check before this admission either. I have also tried to ask for a payment plan and they will not approve a payment plan either.

If u have renters or homeowners insurance or bought dex on a credit card you may have theft insurance even outside the home. You can also try Telling hospital managment you are filing are police report (they hate those) and they may want to avoid bad publicity and pay up. Not sure where you live, but in NYC there is crime victims board that can help pay for things like this if you report it stolen from the hospital - I would stick with saying it was stolen, since if you entered the hospital with it and it wasn't with your stuff when you left and it can't walk away by itself I doubt you "lost it" while lying in the hospital. Good luck and I hope you feel better

If someone in fact stole it and they don’t need it for themselves, they typically will try to unload it at a pawn shop or on craigslist or even ebay. I would file a police report but first get serial number of your unit from dexcom. Give that number to police for police report. You and they can use that if in fact it ha been pawned, sold on Craigslist or ebay in the recovery effort. Even if an innocent purchaser bought it, you typically can’t pass good title over stolen property and they would have to return it. Speaking of ebay, I have seen receivers for sale, but not sure they have been cheaper than $199 quote you got…