Lows and carb amounts

So, for something fun… well, fun in the eyes of us here…

What’s the craziest amount of food you’ve devoured during a low? I just had one, so I thought I’d pose the question.

I always totally overcompensate, so I can’t remember a time that was more than most. I usually end up eating about 10-12 carb servings (but bolus for the extra, of course!). Just kind of depends on how low I am or how hungry I was to begin with.

a whole row of somoas, carmel choco coconut cookies i wish i could have ate them all day long. Sometimes i’ll drink soda,candy, whatever in reach that’s dangerous lol.

omg Samoas. Oh, I can just taste them if I think about it. If I had those in the house, there’s NO way I could keep from overcompensating a low with them. I would probably hope for a low just so I could. They’re SO good. Those, and Thin Mints.

Damn those Girl Scout cookies.

I accidentally switched my lantus with humalog once… didn’t realize it until I woke up at 2 AM with a BG of 32. I had to eat over 300 carbs to get it back up. Over the course of an hour I had…
4 glucose tabs
A fruit smoothie that I saw my dad put 1/2 cup of sugar in
2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
and some oreos.

My BG was around 250 for about 18 hours after that. But at least it wasn’t low anymore!

Holy cow! I had a low of 35 once when I was pregnant and since it was hard for me to keep anything down, I was pretty scared. I called my husband to come home from work in case I needed glucagon. Fortunately the orange juice stayed down and I was okay.

I’ve been much lower before (<20) but that was the only time that my BG would not come up no matter what I did. It would come up to 60 and then be in the 40s 10 minutes later. and the worst part was… I STILL had to go to school the next day!

Been there, not a fun feeling when you go to put the insulin back in the fridge and realize, oh crud, that wasn’t the lantus!