Lows....Running the Train!

That is, in plain "sight". Been online too long.

Identifying the size of the great white shark, is an exercise in stupidity

Dead wrong "sister".

TREAT, then test (if you must), That extra time searching, trying to figure out how to use the bloody machine, hey, its got a flashlight in the screen COOL... the time wasted testing, is lethally dangerous...

SODA, in the arm rest. DRINK IT.

ALWAYS ALWAYS REPLACE IT. Drink it again, the next time, and the next time.

)(*#@@_#&@ testing, severe waste of time at that point. After you've poured in 8oz of carbonated sugar down your throat, you can test til you run out of the the damn things. You're not remotely the "only" one Zoe, but just hope you'll radically change your procedure(s) going forward. Don't care what the "number" might be. Literally irrelevent information, and always have been 99.9993% of the time.

Treat first please.

I'm sorry, Stuart, but though it's obviously well-meaning, I find your response rude. "Stupidity", "dead wrong", "*%_#_(" testing" Whatever happened to YDMV?

I don't drink carbonated sugar, I haven't eaten sugar in 20 years. I use glucose tablets. I disagree about testing, because I'm not going to treat a low that may not exist, and I vary my number of glucose tablets by that number. We are all different. I have never had a problem testing when low and I will always test before treating. It is not "literally irrelevent" to me.Yes, I was wrong and have admitted it to dawdle about treating, but I don't regret the minute it takes to test.

But we can politely agree to disagree on that, it's your tone I don't care for.

I used to keep glucose tabs with me also… but for some reason they became hard to get down when it was time. I can’t explain it and don’t know why…
More than one I was so low they came right back up… one of my extremely low symptoms. The sugar tended to dissolve right away, no side effects.

I still have a load of them if I ever can start using them again. I also used to carry the gel tubes too, which can get expensive! One thing I learned about diabetes… and I think I learned it from reading forums here, is that everything doesn’t work for everyone, and you can get good ideas just from reading responses. (You are, by the way, someone who I have read frequently)

I keep going low at work and it's not related to meal time insulin nor apparently lantus it doesn't matter what I do and I've tested it out twice now lowering both insulin doses , except if I lower my lantus I'll go high all day EXCEPT for at work??? UHHH??? So I've taken to having fruit snacks in my pocket and eating like 2 packs of those+ a snack on break during a 5 hour shift. I get to test another idea tomorrow for an 8 hour one oh yay D: . Like I'm going to the store tomorrow, gotta get more fruit snacks. Why fruit snacks? I can consume them without needing a drink , unlike glucose tablets or any other snack really. Life savers might work too but I don't like hard candy. I even worked through like a 62 mg/dL, which is pretty low for me , for probably quite a while like OH I CAN DOT HIS THEN TAKE A SNACK BREAK LATER EVERYTHING WILL BE FINEEEE!!!

Oh dear, yes, nausea must not be a fun low symptom! (Not that any of it is!).

Yes, I've gotten lots of good ideas on here. I was telling someone just today about my experience my first night with my pump and the trainer had said "just put it under your pillow" and me and my cat were tangled in tubing in about 15 minutes! I came on here at 2AM for advice on "how to sleep!"

Is your job very physically active? I have so much respect for people who work full time and manage D. I only teach two live courses a week and this afternoon I tested and was 52 when I was ready to go! Fortunately I planned on doing an errand first and had my office hour before the actual class so I could wait until I treated and came up to drive. (Yep, learned my lesson!)

My apologies then.

Thanks; we're good, Stuart.

I have done this too and like you, I've been lucky. I have tried to be better. I hate to dose without testing but the other day I was driving to work and started feeling fuzzy and shaky. Since I was on the freeway I just opted to pop a couple of glucose tabs figuring it was better to be a little high than to be low and driving.

That definitely sounds like the right thing to do in those circumstances!