Making Sense of Diabetes - Winners for Week 1 (Sight)

It is so inspiring to see the submissions we receive when we run diabetes awareness projects. Making Sense of Diabetes is no exception to this.

Today, we are happy to announce the winners for Week 1 of Making Sense of Diabetes, which was focused on the sense of sight. It was really hard to choose the winners, but here they are.

First place:
The World (from the Eyes of a Diabetic) by Andrew Jones

He will be receiving an EatSmart Precision Pro Kitchen Scale as a prize.

Second place:
Diabetes & Sight by 1HappyDiabetic

He will be receiving a Skidaddle Meter Bag as a prize.

Third place:
Type 1 Diabetes: Low Blood Sugar Coma by Joe Zen

He will be receiving a copy of 50 Diabetes Myths That Can Ruin Your Life and the 50 Diabetes Truths That Can Save It by Riva Greenberg as a prize.

Congrats and thanks to EVERYONE who submitted a video last week. You can watch all Sight videos on this page.

Between today and Sunday at midnight, we will be focusing on the sense of HEARING. You can check out what other submissions are like so far, so you may get an idea that will inspire you to help us making sense of diabetes.

For more details and dates information about the project, visit MakingSenseofDiabetes.org.

Congrats to everyone!

Congratulations to everybody! Great videos last week! Keep up the great work!

Yippe!!! Thanks to everyone who watched, commented, and rated my video. That means alot.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that shares themselves on video for diabetes awareness and has the courage to do so. It takes alot of time and effort to make these small clips. My hats off to everyone!

… and you know I will do a video on my new fancy Skidaddle Meter Bag!!!

Congrats winners and thanks everyone for your excellent work!

yay two thumbs up to everyone.

Congrat’s everyone!

All are great videos & I enjoyed them all.

Congratulations to the winners!

Looking forward to the new entries. Such creative & talented members.

Thanks to those who added comments to my winning video. I appreciate each one. And thanks to Manny for having the contest. It was a fun idea. This was the first time I entered such a contest.

‘Sight’ was the easy one. The remaining four senses are more and more difficult to conceptualize as a video. But I’m up to the challenge and will attempt videos for each. Although if anybody has ideas for Touch, Smell, or Taste and wants to collaborate, I’m open to working with a partner. Any takers?

We have just announced the winners for week 2 (Hearing):
http://tudiabetes.com/forum/topics/making-sense-of-diabetes-1

Well done…BRAVO!

I get interviewed by the local news tomorrow. Let’s see if I can keep from flabbergasting.