March and Marching Forward

Sorry blufickle :frowning: This makes me kind of sad. I find music to be a wonderful thing, I listen to it all day, and I know you said you are house bound but hopefully you can open the windows and listen to the birds, the breeze, or something. Opening windows and doors could be a way to open your depression to appreciate simple things.

I know this place has a pretty busy chat room, have you tried visiting with folks there? Are you on the mend with back problems?? The friend who left my life was disabled, but the world was bright as all get out when she went out onto the patio and watched the birds and wildlife that grace our little world of woods. If I started singing or just played something from my collection she would sing right along!!

And donā€™t forget the ability to watch just about anything on your pc, tablet, even phone. I found some amazing documentaries on Netflix when we got snowed in. And some silly stuff as well. I pretty much binge watched a show on Netflix called Highway Thru Hell. Itā€™s a scream and a little bit of education, too.

It is indeed hard for most people to believe that others donā€™t like the same kind of weather they do. I grew up in a desert and I moved to the Pacific Northwest at least in part because I like gray skies and rain. I find them . . . oh, I dunno. Restful. Different strokes.

2 Likes

Depression is a very misunderstood malady, yet so many people suffer because
of it.I donĀ¹t think you are crazy at all. Everyone is unique; that is what
makes us all so special. I am sorry to hear that you also have physical
problems that limit your mobility. You sound like an ideal candidate for
habitation in northern Maine, Alaska, or northern Canada. Strangely, I have
RenaudĀ¹s phenomenon which makes being in the cold very painful, so we are
opposites. I wish I could take your share of the sunshine and warmth; I
would gladly give you all of my gloomy, cold, snowy days.

Do not ever feel like you are all alone. We may not be face-to-face, but
you ARE holding a conversation with me, and this communication is just as
real as any other. You are among friends here on the Forum, so please log
on as often as you wish. I have been diabetic for 50 years, yet I always
learn new methods and ideas when I read the Forum. You have hundreds of
people who are willing to listen, to answer your questions, and to help in
any ways that we can.

4 Likes