Maybe I spoke too soon

“No more sleep interruptions,” I said—HA. Here it is, 3:11 a.m., and I’m at my computer. Why? Because Eric, it seems, wakes up and screeches any time he falls below 90 on the BG meter. This is both good and bad—good, because it means I feel comfortable that he’s not going to crash without me knowing it, and bad, because once I’m up, I’m up. And now my older boy Nate is awake, so this will be a short post—I have to go put him to bed again. (Eric’s up too! Joy!) Nate just said, “Eric! You’re s’posed to be SWEEP!” It’s devolving fast…

A mid night gathering for brothers !! Every body is supposed to be sweep.Adorable !!! Wish if he sleeps with blood glucose higher a little bit.

Elizabeth, I hope that you were able to sleep (or “sweep”) again! Indeed it’s good that he lets you know when his blood sugar is low, but you are definitely overdue for a good night’s sleep!!!

Wow! Diabetes is an ever changing thing. I am sorry you didn’t get any sleep last night! The good thing is Eric knows when he is low…

We all got our “sweep”–in my bed. Eric on the right, Nate on the left, me squished in the middle. Mark on the other side of Eric, but he never twitched the whole time–it would take a hurricane to get him up. Not the most comfortable night I’ve spent, but hey… with the clocks turning back, I could at least sleep in a little.