Medical Cannabis?

I would love to have one of these to put on my office wall :slight_smile:

Well, it depends.

If you dust your cat with it, nothing much will happen, it’s pretty safe. Go ahead without concern.

HOWEVER, if you dust your other cat with it, look out! :scream: Within 17.5 minutes your other cat will turn inside-out. It’s terrifying, just like a bad sci-fi horror movie showing at 2AM on the local cable community access channel produced by the Community College video dept.

So, if you plan to dabble in this stuff, and have two cats, make sure you don’t dust the other one. You’ll regret it every time.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Shouldn’t have told me this. I now have an overwhelming urge to dust cat #2 and videotape it on my wonderful iPhone (which interacts so perfectly with my too-cool-for-words Apple Watch which is so very cool that I feel sorry for people who wear Pebbles or other X-drip-compatible loser watches) and post it on YouTube and get a bazillion hits, make a few mil, and cut back to working only two days per week.

What? It could happen.

I drink both coffee and tea (both unsweetened) but haven’t noticed mind-altering effects from either of them.

YouTube has decency standards

I was watching a tv programme this afternoon about aromatherapy. They have been testing the effects of lavender and banana on bees. Apparently, although the bee brain is different to the human brain, the same effects are generally noticed to smell. Well, they tested the bees really well, then they had just started testing the human brain to lavender, they had a scan up of a brain and watching its reaction and…the programme ended.
Here in Australia there is an aromatherapy system based on native plants as used by the Aborigines for thousands of years. I have found it to be very effective.

Olfaction and memory: interesting stuff.

“Smell is a potent wizard that transports us across thousands of miles and all the years we have lived… odours, instantaneous and fleeting, cause my heart to dilate joyously or contract with remembered grief.”
Helen Keller (blind and deaf educator, 1880-1968)

[quote=“rgcainmd, post:151, topic:57691, full:true”]
Shouldn’t have told me this. I now have an overwhelming urge to dust cat #2 and videotape it on my wonderful iPhone (which interacts so perfectly with my too-cool-for-words Apple Watch which is so very cool that I feel sorry for people who wear Pebbles or other X-drip-compatible loser watches) and post it on YouTube and get a bazillion hits, make a few mil, and cut back to working only two days per week.[/quote]:joy:

Of course, because of the incredible Dexcom app on the iPhone right in the middle of taking the picture the Change Sensor alarm will go off despite having silenced everything, ruining the one-time shot.

Oh well… :grin:

Caffeine has no effect on you?

Yep. I get food grade and add it to yogurt for me and the dogs. For the horses, I mix into their feed.

None that I’ve noticed.

Regardless of whether it is “food grade”, I personally consider consuming diatomaceous earth pica. I would opt instead for a carefully dosed course of Flagyl only after a parasitic infection was first confirmed via microscopic examination of my stool for O & P. I’m a huge believer in not taking any meds unless there is a clear indication to do so and only after careful evaluation of the potential risks v. benefits.

But that’s just how I roll.

Robert, I invite you to visit the sunlight-deficient but amazingly verdant Pacific Northwest where any one of our helpful citizens will be more than happy to educate you on the art of brewing a real cup of coffee which I guarantee will have an effect on you. :wink:

“verdant” . . . now there’s a word one doesn’t encounter every day. I ought to say, epexegetically, that it’s a nice word and I like it.

I like that “e-word” you just used. :heart_eyes:

My mind definitely gets altered: I’m far less prone to grumpiness, and I can concentrate long enough to log into my computer. And that’s if I imbibe the mind-altering substance early enough in the day.

After 2:00pm, on the other hand, coffee and tea are guaranteed to alter my mind in a different manner: I get super-duper happy and then can’t get to sleep til 3:00am the next day, even though my bedtime is more or less 8:30pm. Definitely mind-altering for me, just not intoxicating :slight_smile:

I’m not at all surprised. I would never attempt to convince you to live by my standards, beliefs, or values. My system works for me. You asked so I answered. :wink:

I am a lightweight: more than one cup of the dark brown elixir, regardless of the time of day, causes me to see G_d. So my personal rule is no more than one caffeinated beverage per day before noon.

Perhaps you are misunderstanding my intentions: I do not wish to convince anyone to live by my standards, beliefs, or values.

À chacun son goût.

Consider yourself lucky! It’s a rather powerful central nervous system stimulant to virtually everyone who consumes it, altering mood, patience, anxiety, and a variety of other mental characteristics.

Didn’t you know that? Pretty common knowledge, I thought.