Medicare - not enough sensors

Check Amazon. I’ve had to buy 2 skins because the click will break off the skin after about 1 or 2 years for sure. Even if you buy from the Dexcom web site, it will ship via Amazon, so you can go there directly and save shipping if you have Prime.

Thanks a bunch!

Can you please send me the link to the skins you ordered from Amazon? Thanks in advance!

Just search for: “tandem slim x2 pump case”. That gives this URL: Amazon.com : tandem slim x2 pump case.

Even Tandem only has the skin in black or purple so I guess they’ve limited those options. I know they offer changes over time, so if you need pink, you might check back every so often to see if it’s there. Here’s the Tandem URL: https://shop.tandemdiabetes.com/collections/cases-clips/products/t-case-480, showing only those 2 colors.

@jgbar1950:

If you are looking for a case for the tandem t:slim (I didn’t check for the t:flex) in pink you can go to this
Amazon link:

While the default is black, you can select pink which shows up as in stock.

Stay safe!

John

"Skins are advertised on Amazon and elsewhere as G6 cases, but appear to be over priced IMO. I don’t know whether Dexcom sells non-Rx items direct.

I didn’t make the video so it is not my pump or receiver. But it looks as though others gave you some ideas to get a case for your receiver.

When I first started using sensors (February), I made it a practice to go totally without for 2-3 days between each sensor (using lots of strips!). By now I’ve built up a backlog that can cover trips, problems, etc. I have to fib to my supplier when she asks me how many I have left (Medicare rules), but I think that’s morally defensible.
I do the same with my infusion sets and reservoirs. I used them for 3.5 days instead of 3. Eventually I’ve built up a supply that will cover any problems. Again, I have to do the math so that I order them when they SHOULD be nearly gone rather than when they really ARE, and I fib to my supplier. Once I’ve gotten sufficiently far ahead, I go back to 3 days between changes. Before switching to my Tandem pump, I was an entire box of supplies ahead on my old Medtronic pump.
It’s not so necessary now, since we can’t go on a month-long trip like we used to. But we may be able to do that in a year or so, if everyone is lucky and obeys the sensible rules :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jimi2, are you using Dexcom or a Dexcom authorized agent (like CCS Medical, Edgepark, etc) for your supplier?

You may need to change providers of your G6 expendables. There are some points that smell like fish:

1. Medicare requires notes every 6 months. There are some specific points that must be addressed. But every six months.
  2. My supplier ships early for weekends and holidays.
  3. Never heard of an annual audit. Must be something individual to the provider because they got their hands smaked a few times in the past.
  4. Fedex and Brown do deliver on Saturdays.

Something is not correct. Investigate and change.

Dexcom gave my account to Byram Healthcare - I had no say and don’t think I can change, either.

1. Medicare has that requirement as far as I know for every T1D - you must be under private insurance.

2. None of my suppliers has ever shipped early - Dexcom, Tandem, Byram, Express Scripts, …

3. Dexcom used to have their pharmacists do an annual audit.

4. They may deliver on weekends, but it costs and the supplier only does 3 day delivery.

I envy your situation. :wink:

My experience with sensor restarts is that I get an extra 7 days, not an extra 10 days. What I will see is that the reported BG will climb sky-high (to the tune of up 250 points in 10 minutes) followed by a crash to 35 in the next 10 minutes. All with no food since 4-5 hours before. Sometimes entering a meter reading twice in a row will buy me an extra day, but usually it is a terminal condition for the sensor. But it still allows me to save up some sensors for a rainy day. Or any other day.