MedT CGMS users - question about restarting old sensors

Thanks Sherry…I have bought very large bandages that are waterproof and cover both the sensor and transmitter with the xtra large bandages. I cannot see either sensor or transmitter but I rub/massage where the sensor is located. Now if I want to continue using the current sensor ( I am on day 5) I will remove the bandage from the transmitter to re-charge it. Would I turn the sensor off 1st? Good luck to all of us. Any feedback is appreciated.
And my A1C is down to 7.1 after being at 8.3 four months ago…

Staci

Way to go, Staci, on the A1C!

And it sounds as if you are far ahead of me on what dressings work best for you.

As for turning the sensor function off on the pump before recharging and reconnecting the transmitter, it does not seem to matter much as far as I can tell - I’ve tried it both ways and noticed no difference in setup options, calibration times, etc.

I have tried to reconnect the transmitter without recharging it, and the SENSOR END message always appears, no matter what sensor start function I try. Erin, first post, seems to have found a way around that by restarting her sensor one hour before the sensor end and not disconnecting/recharging her transmitter. I am going to try that today, since I have a good ISIG value and the sensor is tracking well.

As for keeping the ISIG values up and tracking well, I’ve done massage, exercised the area, and kept myself hydrated. Massage does seem to work for a bit. Exercising the area seems to work a bit better and the ISIG values stay up longer than massage, but sometimes you just can’t exercise the area (say your upper buttock region). I do notice that the ISIG values and the tracking will be off if I am dehydrated and/or have high blood sugars. Drinking fluids gets the tracking back on track. And it seems that where I put the sensor on my body effects how long it tracks well; for example, it seems to track better and last more days in more fatty areas than in less fatty areas, something I would never have thought.

Do you notice getting better results with massage? What helps you keep your sensor lasting?

I hope this helps, but I am still new to all of this. Perhaps some of the other people here have some good ideas or experiences that can help you more.

Good luck!
Sherri

Hi Sherri…I am as new as you too. This am I removed the sensor as I had it in for 8 days and I was getting alot of readings that the sensor transmission was bad. Now it could have been that I changed the dressing and moved it and it caused that but for me as a newbie…8 days is long. I will put a new sensor in tonight and sleep with it off and turn it on in the morning so I don’t have to wait 2 hours. It should ask for a calibration within 15 minutes. I am without a sensor today and feel a little lost but I will mae it through. I started also to get a small lump where the sensor was inserted. After I removed it the lump mostly disappeared.
So I will start over tonight. I dread the initial insertation which seems to be common and I get the adhesive stuff mixed up…which strip to pull when da da da. Anyway it has been a learning experience and I truly believe it will get easier. Fingers crossed for all of us. Take care and I will stay in touch.
Staci