Medtronic 770G and 1.8 mL Reservoirs?

Hi all,

I am upgrading to a new 770G soon and I have a ton of 1.8 mL reservoirs stock piled. The rep was very nice and proactively told me there is a “hack” to use the 1.8 mL in the 770G.

Has anybody had any experience with this? Maybe fill me in on how it works?

Thank you!

1 Like

They work just fine, no hack needed!

If medtronic told me today was Tuesday I would check a calendar

Could you explain the steps in using the 1.8 mL in the 770G?
Thanks!

Same steps as the 3.0

For what it’s worth this person says they will work fine. Here’s the quote:
sweetlife97

· 3y

You know when you go to fill the tubing with insulin? Your pump will just keep pushing until it hits the reservoir and you’re finished. Same procedure for using the 3ml just with a shorter reservoir. It will twist and lock in the same way. Try it. Your pump just won’t read you as having a full reservoir.

Anyway, it ought to be worth a try, Luis

@Rphil2 may know.

From Medtronic documentation it seems officially only 3.0 reservoirs used on 770.

I recently switched to Tandem, after 25+ years using Medtronic pumps, so I have leftover 1.8 reservoirs too.

Hope you find answer.

What possible hack could there be?

Physically altering the cylinder or maybe a software change?

ONLY FROM MEDTRONIC

the 1.8 cylinders work

Thanks for everyone’s replies.

I also assumed that you just “primed” the reservoir like normal and it would just keep spinning until it reached the threaded plunger of the 1.8 mL reservoir (showing a partially filled pump).

My rep made some comment about a “hack” and using “the end of a pen” or something? Who knows.

But, at least I have real world replies that show I can keep using my stockpile of 1.8’s.

Thanks again!

I have never used 1.8 reservoirs so I am not a good source. However as others have said I do not think it ill be an issue. The pump will rewind to accommodate the 3ml reservoir and then you will advance it until it meets resistance. From there it should behave normally.

The down side will be it will take a bit more time to get your pump primed. The upside, you will save insulin.

It seems like a more than even tradeoff. Oh and I found the reservoirs in the medtronic diabetes shop.

https://www.diabetes.shop/reservoirs/18reservoir/mmt-326a

so at this point at least even Medtronic is selling them.

rick

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

2 Likes