Medtronic Launches Enlite™ Sensor

Do you have the contact info for the MM SalesNurse in your area? I would call them and frankly tell them “look, if you can tell me when this is coming domestically…I might wait” and see how they respond. I like the MM ok b/c i never had a Dexcom but everyone raves about them. Still, I’ve seen reports from Dexcom people that they can get out of whack too so I’m not sure about the exact comparison. MM can work ok though? If the new one is better, I’d want one. My pump is due to be replaced in about a year so I’ll wait until then but I’d prefer to get the snazzy, new CGM too.

Francis, I like looking at my dexcom without pulling my pump out of my pocket. Initially I wanted it integrated but after wearing both, I am glad I chose the Dexcom. It is more accurate and more comfortable than the MM. When driving I keep my dexcom out so I can check it from time to time - easier than digging pump out of pocket. During day around house I wear in a shirt pocket so its easy to glance at. I love my Dex. I hope that when Animas released the Vibe that it will have a remote for both the Glucose monitor and for the pump that would be best of both worlds

I doubt if anyone will give accurate info on release dates. The Investment community considers that insider knowledge and usually held close to the vest - even if they know, they cannot say.

Dan,

My MM CGM kit arrived today. Training is Thursday. Everyone that I’ve spoken to, within the past month and today, have said 1.) They don’t know or 2.) Later this year. Reports that I’ve seen, accurate or not - who knows, have all indicated sometime after June.

Trisha

Dick - I’ve used the Dex 7+ for well over a year now and agree with your conclusion that having a CGM receiver separate from the pump is an advantage, not a disadvantage. I like being able to position the CGM receiver for optimal radio wave reception during the night. That would be difficult to do if the pump and CGM receiver were one.

The only disadvantage is occasionally forgetting the CGM receiver when I leave home. It’s so important to me that I’ll backtrack to pick it up if I forget to take it with me.

Like you, I think it’d be a great idea if Dex produced a CGM/pump remote with its new Vibe.

dont know and later this year are one and the same - if it doesnot make it later this year then next year they will give the same answer - dont know or later this year!! Look at Dexcom and animus how long have they been right around the corner - The FDA needs to wake up. Other countries around the world are deploying various USA technologies that are developed here before we have access to tjhem!! Its plain not right stop over protecting us FDA. Maybe it makes the beureaucrats feel powerful when thery slow down big bad corporate america???

I just got word that the Enlite sensor is now available in Hungary where I live. Does anyone have experience with the new sensor yet?

Hi Kristin, I’m waiting for the OK from my insurance company for the CGM. As soon (about 2 weeks, I hope!!!) as I get it, I’ll start with the Enlite, it is already available in Switzerland. I hope they’ll gona pay for it!!! - I’ll tell you later about it.

Wow! I can’t wait for the report! Did you have a the Paradigm sensors to compare the new ones too?

Hi, yes I had the Paradigm sensors when they were new and I did not like them at all. I guess the inserter was wrong because the needle didn’t come with the top to the skin but with the flat part (45° angle!). I gave them back and didn’t try later on. No problem with the new Enlite because it is a 90° angle :-).
After that I had the DexCom (I went to Santa Barbara therefore) but they did not send it outside of the US later on as they said at that time, it was too complicated and too expensive for me to order them.
As soon as I’lI start with the Enlite I’ll tell you all, how I manage with it.