Medtronic Minimed Silohettes vs. Inserts

No Description

I have been using the silohettes for over 8 years now. These are the ones that go in at an angle. I was looking into changing to the inserts which have a much smaller canula (6mm or 9mm) and go directly in through the use of a device. I’ve heard they come out more easily but does anyone have any first hand experience?

I used to use silohettes, but changed to the quick-sets about 18 months ago. I think they go in easier, and I can reach more places to put them. The angle needed to do the silohettes can be limiting.
I have had only 1 quickset come out, and since then have just put a bandaid over it and no problems since.

You can contact Minimed, and ask for samples to be sent to you. Or some Doctors/CDE offices also have samples to provide or demonstrate.

There is a Group for Minimed users, and many past discussions on different infusion sets. Some like the metal Sure-Ts, which I have not personally tried. Others use/like the newest one, called the Mio.
The Minimed website also has videos that demonstrate each kind.

I like the silohettes. I find the others , I cant see if they re in or not,
I have had many of the short ones come out with out me knowing, I do not use the silcerter either, I just stick it in myself. I find I get much better results that way. My doc told me I don't have enough fat to use the short ones anyway. If you are thin you will likely have the same trouble.