Meet the Face of Change

My name is Anthony Parker Alexander. I am also in the Meet the Face of Change Exhibit.

Hi Anthony:

Tell me about your experience with the exhibit…

Hi Travis and Anthony…I’m also a Face of Change! What an awesome experience. My photographer was great, he spent lots of time photographing me in my favorite settings by the water and on the beach. I liked the photo they picked out for me, but my photographer will be sending me some others so I can order some for myself. He took some shots of me with my dog, so I can’t wait to see those. It was a fun time, I was nervous, but I’m not use to someone pointing a huge camera at my face–my photographer was great though. I was not able to visit the exhibit when it was close to me…have you been able to? I’d love to see photos of the exhibit itself, that’s why I was surfing and came upon your posting.

Hi Debbie:

I am glad to hear from you, and that all went well with your shoot. I received one photo from my shoot. You didn’t receive one from yours? I have yet to see the exhibit. I tried e-mailing the publicity firm about seeing the exhibit on-line, but I have not received a reply. I also tired the Norvo-Nordisk site (the sponsor), but I did not find anything.

Yes, they sent me the .pdf of the ad. I would have liked to see the exhibit on line too, but I’m sure they are busy with other assignments. Sounds like a roadtrip!

I posted my picture. Can you post yours?

Hi Travis-

I’m actually one the people who helped coordinate the Meet the Face of Change exhibit. You and Debbie will be happy to hear that a holiday gift is headed your way. I’m sorry you weren’t able to get in touch with us - not sure why your message didn’t get through. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at sshapiro at mahercomm dot com.

Thanks again for participating! I know having your photo taken is uncomfortable, but both your photos turned out great!

Sarah

Ohhh a holiday gift, I love that kind of talk…thanks Sarah! Okay, I’ll try to attach my ad. The photo is by Bradley Clift of Wethersfield, CT. I’m very happy with the way the pictures turned out. I’m still getting a kick out of the experience! I do hope the exhibit is an inspiration, it is so scary to be told you have diabetes, and you hear more bad stuff than success stories. The information out there, including treatment by doctors, is inconsistent. I wonder why so many doctors don’t automatically order an A1C as part of the standard tests. Okay, I’ll get off my soap box and try to attach my ad.
8804-DebbieFaceChange.pdf (444 KB)