Meters, meters, meters!

i have used freestyle meters, but i’m a one touch girl, myself…was my first meter 17 years ago and have now gone back to it…with my one touch ping :wink:
good luck!
myriah

Yikes! See that is exactly what I am afraid of…her first follow up is in 2 months and she’ll have bloodwork then so I will test out these meters then.

Wow, I see lots of one touch and freestyle users out there and really no aviva fans…the freestyle is just so darn frustrating sometime. The one touch minis seem great also but I don’t know if they have a light on them, I need that light for when she is sleeping and I sneak in and test her. Maybe I’ll try sticking with the Aviva Accu-check for now… I can tell you that I love the multiclix that comes with the aviva meter…my daughter dreaded the one one that came with the freestyle meter but this one she doesn’t even blink…LOVE it :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, they definitely helped.

I used the aviva for a long time. Really didnt have any complaints… just kinda ho-hum about it. Their multiclix…LOVE IT!. I still use it actually.

One Touch Minis don’t have a light, and they are crappy. lol Do NOT get one. You will be treating lows thinking they are lows, and they are not. Bayer Breeze2/Countour/Freestyles… all wonderful.

The lack of a backlight, the lack of meal tagging, and the sheer size of the meter/strips were a severe deterrent for me and the Aviva… I ended up going back to the OT UltraSmart for a bit… One you might want to check out is the Compact Plus black with OLED display, and or the Agamatrixs Jazz/Presto…I like the Jazz IMHO and the cash price for the strips is amazing…

I bought a Mini in a pinch (as in, my meter broke and needed a quick Lifescan compatible fix… I just deplored it… No backlight, and at that time NO DATA either (this supposedly has been resolved), and they cut the memory and stuff on it… Thanks but no thanks… But it was only 20 or so bucks and had a few strips with it so it was passable for my “emergency”

The One Touch family of meters also have the “blood sucking” feature you like. I use the one touch ultra link and the one touch ultra mini. You can get a free ultra mini, go to the onetouch.com and fill out a quick survey. They also come in a lot of fun colors, so your daughter can pick her own color!!! I have purple and green!! I find them to be fairly accurate, all meters have a 20% variance.

After reading a post on here about True2Go from Home Diagnostics, which is the only brand my insurance covers, I decided to check it out. I have decided to get it as a meter that I can throw in my bag and for times when I do not have alot of space/and or time on hands. The drawback is that it only does a BG reading, no time/date, averages, etc, but now my pump does all that for me, so I dont really care. I am pretty sure that my insurance will cover it being it is the same brand as the one that they wanted me to upgrade to, but if not it is only $15 an dmy dad said he would pay for it, cause he thinks its pretty cool also. If they don’t pay for the True2Go, I am still going to get the TrueResult, which is the one they will pay for, and then just buy the True2Go out of pocket. Sounds like a plan to me =)

I use the ReliOn confirm, cheap ($21 for 50) strips, and the the case is small enough to fit in all of my pockets. I’ve had no problems with it