MiniMed MiniLink Transmitter

From what I understood, he was going to have the windows mobile device communicate with the receiver (like when you upload to your computer, except real time), not the MiniLink directly with the windows mobile device.

It would be cool. We do not have the necessary info to do any of this. No protocol, nothing. I remember asking the patent holder who works at minimed to hook me up. Of course it was ignored. No biggy. I just wanted something on my handlebars rather than going into my pocket.

Hey Jack, I’m working on a personal project, and would LOVE to get access to the data too - not from the transmitter, but from the stored data on the pump. Have you checked out the new CareLink USB, and if so, is there a way to see about writing something to access it, and get the data? (IE did you do the USB sniffing with the meter cable before?)

Hello, is this still an active topic?

I live in Germany and I also analyse the rf-link between my girlfriends medtronic/minimed pump paradigm 522 an the minilink sensors.

In Europe the frequency is 868.35 mhz but this is not important for the content of the transmitted data.

I have bought an RF-transceiver for a serial port directly from medtronic. It cost only 48 € and works fine. There is also a USB-transceiver, but I want to analyse the data with a serial sniffer software :wink:
The transceiver has a “TR1001” transceiver from “RFM”. It is a typical chip for this tasks!

So far, I can see the data but unfortunately they are encrypted. But I found an interesting thing in the www. Maybe anyone can find a solution.

The software for personal use is named “CareLink Personal” from medtronic. The software based on JAVA and can only be started, if you have an web-connection for logging in, in your CareLink-account.
On the website https://carelink.minimed.com you can log in and start the JAVA Applet for syncing the data from the pump with CareLink. The JAVA applet will be stored in a temporally folder (folder is defined in the JAVA environment config). In this folder you can find many folders, with many .class-files. The .class-files are compiled, but with the tool “jad”, you can decompile them into readable JAVA-files.

I decompiled some .class-files and find an config that says, that the encryption of the data are based on “md5”. From my point of view, we can’t find a solution because we aren’t able to catch the “md5”-key.

But maybe anyone have an idea to run the CareLink Personal in an offline way!

Greetings from Germany

Andre

Karen, this is how I set my basal rates for biking and I am still working on getting it right but it is pretty close. I typically ride 50-100 miles a week, if I am going to go on a 20 mile ride starting at 6pm I do a temp basal @ 25% for 1-1.5 hours starting at 4pm. My reasoning behind this is that basal rates need to be adjusted 2 hours before to show an affect. When I ride it takes me about 1 hour, 12 minutes to ride 21 miles. If I planned on doing a 2 hour ride I would set my temp basal for 2 hours. I still have to eat a little when I am out but for the most part this works pretty well. I constantly look at my pump to see where my BG is and typically it remains stable without any serious drops because of insulin on board.

Hope this helps-Dave

Dave, I’ve discovered a similar method for running and rollerblading. I use a 50% rate for two hours before I start running, but during the run, I think that i need full basal in order to avoid highs after the run. Glad to hear that you reached a similar conclusion!

Great minds think alike!