Monkey adjusting: diabetes explained to a jealous sibling

The monkey analogy came in handy again this morning when Eric was low (54). Nate wanted to know why Eric was so cranky, so I reminded him of the monkey and said that bad monkey was spinning Eric's brain. He wanted to know why that was a problem and I told him to go twirl around in the hallway for 10 minutes. He lasted about 1 before he was falling over with dizziness.

Oh, isn't this odd! I got curious about what Peter Gabriel meant by "shock the monkey," looked up the song online, and according to his biographer, the song is about... jealousy!

"Gabriel himself has described "Shock the Monkey" as "a love song" that examines how jealousy can release one's baser instincts; the monkey is not a literal monkey, but a metaphor for one's feelings of jealousy." -Chris Welch (1998). The Secret Life of Peter Gabriel: p.136

Hi Elizabeth. If you are going to write a children's book based on your post (and I think you should!), it would seem to me to be a good idea to do something about it very soon before your idea is picked up by someone else. Good luck!

Oh wow! Elizabeth, try not to get pressured, or it will destroy and frustrate your creativity. I suggest you protect your title, phrase, and theme with the government’s trademark office. That will give you the time you need.

I am going to write it this weekend, actually. But your idea is a good one. And as far as pressure is concerned... parents of CWD are immune to outside pressures. It's the damn monkey that has us in its merciless grip.

Shock the monkey indeed. I'd like to take a cattle prod to the little SOB. See my most recent post for why... :)

Awwww....this was AWESOME!! So well written...it brought tears to my eyes!
You truly have a way with words...and a gift in reaching out to children. You should look into writing a book...."The Monkey".