Moody

Just had a small “workout” and am now feeling moody. I have noticed that my moods change with my BG levels. Don’t know if it’s something to do with the D, or if it’s all in my head. I just feel down a lot lately. Almost like I’m at the point of “why bother with any of it”, though I am still taking my insulin and checking my BGs like I should. I know that I need to, and I won’t let it slip again. Just that everything else is seeming to go by the wayside. I see a bill come in the mail and it gets me down. Cooked dinner tonight, and didn’t touch it. I sat and stitched tonight, which is good because I have several projects that need to get done, but I couldn’t tell you what was on the tv I was watching. Just feel out of it I guess. Should probably bring it up with the new doc when I finally get to see him in February.

The best thing when I get in a blue funk is to exercise more, walks, play golf, etc anything physical. Also getting involved in helping others is another great way to help these funky down days. I think sometimes we get too inside our bodies such as thinking about sugar levels and all the rest that goes with being a diabetic. Good Luck

Moods do change w/BG levels. I notice that if I’m too low I start complaining about everything and snapping at everyone while if I’m high I start to crave empty carbs like there’s no tomorrow. In a way it’s nice to have that type of “built-in” warning system but listening to it if I’m too low or too high is not always that effective. That’s the problem of BG levels going too low or too high. So I try to test between 5 and 10 times a day and keep my levels as steady as possible. Doesn’t always work though. (Coming off a two and a half week period of mostly BG levels in the 50’s and 60’s.) Needless to say I’ve not been the most pleasant person to be around. Luckily most of my friends know what causes my “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde” condition. Been adjusting insulin and food like crazy - but even taking a tablespoon of pure honey hasn’t been helping although this morning was OK. Finally woke up with a BG of 115. First normal wake up reading in about two and half weeks.

Why so low Peter?

Kathyann -
Have no idea. Nothing has really changed in my daily routines so it’s one of those lovely mysteries that pop up once in a while. Now I’m waiting for a call back tomorrow from my endo to see what he suggests…

Your mood swings will tell you things when your BG meter doesn’t… :wink:
If someone says your getting a bit moody, check your BG. Seriously…
Also another tell at least for me is a headache…