More of a brag then a question or comment!

My 11 (12 next week) year old son is playing AAA provincal Pee Wee hardball again this year and he is really watching his sugars and really starting to think about it on his own! I still go to all practises/games/tourny's but he is really starting to think of what to do and when to check all on his own!! YIppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for him AND his Dad and I.

So he loves to pitch and is the teams "closer" and with his BS's being so greatly taken care of , thats right mostly by HIM! He made the city news papers sports page, so he is THRILLED and believes it is due to his great tight sugar levels and all the extra care he is taking..I just have to say I LOVE HIM so much and can not believe how much he knows and teaches me about his disease daily. I was very proud of him talking to the reporter and telling (educating really) all about his diabetes and how to care for it. Kids are so amazing :D

That is so awesome that he found something to use (hardball) as a concentration point for tight control. Took me 13 years and a baby to figure that much out.

And congratulations to you and your husband. You must be doing a great job.

Jolynn, sounds like you’re raising a GREAT kid!!! I love hearing stories like this. I have 2 kids and I’m thankful everyday that I’m the one with diabetes…not them. Kids are amazing…but so are you for raising a responsible kid :slight_smile:
-Justina

Definitely bragworthy, Jolynn!