Moving Forward

No matter where you are today ~
You don’t have to stay there.

I was listening to YouTube speakers and heard this remark and loved it. For everyone who has had a day of bad choices - - -
For everyone who has had a day of sugar numbers that made no sense - - -
For anyone who was dieting and had a break with their success - - -
For anyone who feels invisible, without a voice - - -

Take control of what you CAN control, and you can move forward.
This week my doctor took me off the last of my blood sugar meds – no more insulin, bydurian, jardiance and good bye finally to metformin. My A1C was less than 5 three tests/9 months in a row. This morning it was 108. I took control of my diet and that helped me take control of my liver, my blood sugars, my weight which are all tied together and chained me to T2D. I went from over 300 pounds to less than 200 pounds. It was 10 pounds a month and took me a year and a few months. So it also was about patience. But you can do this!!

I looked at my life and each day said no matter where you are TODAY, you don’t have to stay there. So each day I worked on something. MOVE FORWARD. Cut back the sugar. MOVE FORWARD. Cut back the processed junk. MOVE FORWARD. Screw up and eat too much. MOVE FORWARD ANYWAYS. Because ALWAYS tomorrow you don’t have to stay there. You can MOVE FORWARD. For me, the KETO (what you eat) no carb/lo carb; portion control calories (how much you eat); and intermittent fasting (when you eat) just eating my meals and no snacking all day. It worked. Thank God I sew, because I couldn’t afford all new clothes!

So, find what works for you and Move Forward! No matter where you are today, you don’t have to stay there.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I agree with what you have said. Nice job on the weight loss. Nancy50

1 Like

here is another one.

No matter what has happened, the most important thing is not what you did or did not do. The most important thing is what you do next.

3 Likes

Outstanding @Marcia_Skidmore

Courage and determination … you have an abundance of both :clap:

1 Like

Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration. It couldn’t have come at a better time!

1 Like