Moving

We’ve moved to Washington. It was an adventure, to say the least.

First, our air conditioner broke. In Tucson. In 105 degree heat. While we were carrying all of our stuff to the truck. And the repair people triage repairs at the beginning of the hot season, and having no children and being under 60, we were told it would be a couple of weeks before they could fix it. Fortunately, we moved two days after that.

Next, we got a broken trailer for our car, which would fishtail at any speed over about 40, and wouldn’t reverse at all. It took us nearly 5 hours to get from Tucson to Phoenix. We ended up calling my husband’s dad to drive up with us, and dropped the trailer off at Penske.

Then, it took us 5 days to drive what should have been 3, for reasons unknown. If you’d like to see a (boring) video of our drive, you can do so here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2E4nxL24dQ

And of course my insulin pump broke.

However, Washington is gorgeous and cool and we feel so lucky to be here. We thought we would have three months of just being quiet and snug in our apartment while Daniel studies for the Bar and I work on my business, but suddenly we have a very busy social life, which is a lovely surprise. This feels like home, a good place to raise kids, to make friends, sing in our choir, etc.

I hope all of you are in good health and spirits, and wish you a wonderful day.

Sounds like quite the trip, but, you handled it with the flexibility a pwd has learned.
the pictures are stuning. I haven’t looked at the video yet.
Enjoy your new home. Did the kitties do okay?